Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist – Rwanda
CNFA is currently seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist to support an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Orora Wihaze Activity in Kigali, Rwanda. The position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will support the sustainable increase in availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The Activity will strengthen and develop a private-sector led animal source food value chain and increase demand for animal source foods through nutrition and behavior change communications.
CNFA is a global leader in building strong and stable agricultural value chains and has more than 30 years of successful project design and implementation in the Hinga Weze Activity in Rwanda and livestock and nutrition activities in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Niger, and Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist will ensure the completion of all MEL activities across project components and will supervise coordination of USAID personnel, CNFA personnel, sub-contractors, and other governmental and non-governmental organizations in regards to MEL activity. S/he will work with other program teams to ensure integration of monitoring and evaluation, and data and learning processes across program implementation.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in the design and implementation of learning agendas, evaluation of project data to identify successful approaches and trends at the field level, and the development of MEL systems and plans in projects of similar size;
- Five (5) years of monitoring and evaluation work at the supervisory level preferred; USAID or other international donor experience is highly preferred;
- Experience designing and overseeing MEL data collection and reporting for agriculture or food security projects, experience with Feed the Future (FtF) reporting preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage information data bases using appropriate software applications;
- Demonstrated research design and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in team environment and work with and mentor staff to implement programs;
- Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda and/or French is desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.