Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
New Business Development Internship
Fall/Spring Term: Immediate – May 31, 2017.
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $11.50 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Executive Assistant, the NBD intern assists the Vice President of Program Development and the entire NBD team with country and sector research, proposal development and consultant recruiting.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Work with senior management in creation of development proposals including country and sector research, technical writing and editing, and administrative, graphics and production support;
- Track opportunities with key funding agencies including USAID, MCC and USDA;
- Work with the NBD team on the recruitment of agribusiness experts and local staff for proposals as well as with Human Resources for ongoing program recruitment needs; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in formatting, graphs, diagrams and tables; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
All internship applicants should submit their CV, Cover Letter and 3 Professional References.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.