Team: Internships | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
New Business Development Internship
Fall Term: September 2, 2019 – December 31, 2019
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $14.00 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the NBD intern assists the Vice President of Program Development and the entire NBD team with country and sector research, proposal development and consultant recruiting.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Receptionist in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Work with senior management in creation of development proposals including country and sector research, technical writing and editing, and administrative, graphics and production support;
- Track opportunities with key funding agencies including USAID, MCC and USDA;
- Work with the NBD team on the recruitment of agribusiness experts and local staff for proposals as well as with Human Resources for ongoing program recruitment needs; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in formatting, graphs, diagrams and tables; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.