Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Rwanda
Operations and Procurement Manager – Rwanda Nguriza Nshore
Brief Project Overview:
The USAID Rwanda Nguriza Nshore Activity seeks to encourage the creation and growth of productive off-farm small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that add value to agricultural commodities, such as firms that provide storage, processing, transportation, or leasing of farm implements. This activity will support these SMEs by strengthening their capacity to access finance, catalyzing a vibrant business development service sector, and removing barriers to investment and finance for banks, microfinance institutions, and private investors interested in working with these SMEs.
Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the day-to-day management of financial and operations processes, including accounts payable, payroll, general ledger and financial reporting, as well as general financial administration, travel logistics, grants and cash management, and budgets is required;
- Experience procuring goods and services through subcontracts, blanket purchase agreements, and purchase orders, as well as managing vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualification lists is required;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Experience streamlining administrative processes and procedures for improved efficiency is a plus;
- Familiarity of USAID operations rules and regulations is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English is required, knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is strongly preferred
Women and Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.