Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Operations & Compliance Intern
Fall Term: September 1, 2017 – December 29, 2017.
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $12.50 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Internship Coordinator, the O&C intern assists the Executive Vice President for Operations and Compliance and the entire O&C Team with administrative, compliance and operational support.
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Assist with project management, including compliance monitoring, subcontract development and monitoring, and expense, inventory and grant tracking for projects globally;
- Assist the Operations and Compliance staff with tasks such as filing, scanning, shredding and other miscellaneous jobs;
- Manage Headquarters’ office inventory and supply ordering;
- Undertake occasional trips for office supplies or other errands as necessary;
- Assist other departments in areas of interest as time allows;
- Coordinate on-boarding process for new hires; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Data entry and office administration background;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Major in Business, Economics, Accounting or related field; and
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
All internship applicants should submit their CV, Cover Letter and 3 Professional References.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.