Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington D.C. or Remote
Private Sector Partnership Advisor
CNFA is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Private Sector Partnership Advisor position for the upcoming USAID-funded Partnerships and Market Systems Activity. This activity will contribute to achieving the Global Food Security Strategy Results Framework Objective 1: Inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led economic growth and assist with Objective 2: focused on resilience and Objective 3: focused on nutrition, especially for women and children by advancing private sector provision and strengthened markets for related goods and services.
Private Sector Partnership Advisor will support USAID Missions and Operating Units worldwide in directly engaging with private sector partners to commercialize and scale agriculture technologies and services as well as catalyze commercial investment in agriculture. The position will be based in Washington, DC, but will include international travel. Some work from a remote home base may also be acceptable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and strengthening relationships with local and/or multinational enterprises of all sizes.
- Co-creating and co-investing in new, innovative and inclusive private sector partnerships that create sustainable impact that might not occur without public investments to address otherwise binding constraints.
- Developing and managing new partnerships that utilize a pay-for-results approach.
- Providing technical assistance to donors, businesses and investors, identifying promising inclusive business models, and evaluating market conditions.
- Utilizing effective and/or innovative mechanisms for private sector engagement including, but not limited to Grants Under Contract (GUC), deliverable-based sub-contracts, and other results-based financing mechanisms.
- Traveling on assignments, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a field related to agriculture, economics, international development, or business administration from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of international experience and expertise in agricultural development, private sector development and management, and partnerships nurturing with track record of successfully achieving meaningful and sustainable results.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government organizations, private sector, and sector associations;
- In-depth knowledge of USAID policies, and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience working in a developing country context;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead large teams and work effectively and collaboratively in team environments;
- Technical writing and communication skills;
- Strong command of English and one other language required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.