Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Program Development Officer
The Program Development Officer is an integral member of CNFA’s New Business Development Team contributing to the business development process in the construction of winning proposals enabling the organization to grow strategically.
- Lead proposal teams and manage the entire proposal development process including facilitation of proposal design and writing; management of partner and staff identification, recruitment, selection and negotiations; support to pricing; and high-level review and consolidation of proposal inputs with a particular focus on ensuring compliance and competitiveness
- Contribute to writing of management, personnel, and past performance sections of proposals as well as technical and other sections, as needed
- Contribute to and lead business planning and capture activities including networking, research, and analysis to collect information that contributes to our ability to: make strategic and informed decisions regarding new business ventures; position CNFA given evolving trends in agriculture sector development; and identify upcoming opportunities
- Assist with the creation of institutional systems related to (1) improving methods of forecasting upcoming business opportunities and developing plans at the country and regional levels; (2) ensuring processes and tools/templates for proposal development increase efficiencies and competitiveness (and contribute to staff training related to these processes and tools); (3) increasing collaboration across the organization in capture and proposal development; and (4) ensuring proper adherence to good proposal management practices
- Ensure final submission of complete, compliant, and competitive technical and cost proposals and addenda (including formatting and other functions associated with production and delivery)
- Coordinate and facilitate critical meetings throughout the proposal process including kick-off meetings, design sessions, review discussions, post-submission debriefs, and after-action reviews
- Represent CNFA at conferences workshops, client meetings, and other relevant industry gatherings
- Perform a variety of other related duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in international development, business, economics, agriculture, or similar field; Master’s in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience in international development
- Minimum 2-3 years of USAID or similar donor proposal development experience
- Excellent conceptual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven experience in new business development
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to actively participate in and facilitate group meetings with a diversity of participants
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated flexibility and interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to travel as required
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and US work Authorization
- Current US work authorization required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.