Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Program Director – Farmer to Farmer (F2F)
The USAID-support Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program combines volunteer consultancies with highly skilled local staff to deliver technical assistance and business development services to farmer organizations, and agricultural MSMEs. Our volunteer consultants are U.S. citizens (or permanent U.S. residents) and comprise of farmers, agribusiness professionals, cooperatives managers, bankers, agricultural educators, and others with expertise in agriculture. The primary goal of the F2F program is to generate rapid, sustainable, broad-based economic growth in the agricultural sector; the secondary goals is to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and programs as well as international understanding of the US and US development programs.
**The Program Director position will be based in Washington, D.C.
- A university degree in a subject relevant to international agricultural development such as; agronomy, business administration, international development, economics, agricultural economics, rural sociology;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in international development with a focus on agriculture or rural development; at least five years’ experience in Africa or ECCA;
- Previous Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party, or Program Director experience, preferably with a USAID project;
- Strong skills in program management, budget planning, human resource management, and donor reporting required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Additional languages skills such French, Portuguese, or Russian is a plus.