Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Nigeria
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidatesfor the USAID/Nigeria and Nestlé funded VEGA LWA program. This project will support Nestlé’s cereals plan for maize and soybean in Nigeria’s Kaduna State, as well as broad-based, economic growth in Nigeria by improving the on-farm practices of smallholder farmer suppliers to arrest the growth of mycotoxin both pre- and post-harvest, and design viable drying practices that will reduce detected aflatoxin. The approach will support smallholder farmer suppliers to meet the increasing demands of Nestlé cereal factories in the region by reducing the high levels of aflatoxin and other contaminates.
- 7+ years of experience implementing development programming in agronomy/agriculture production in Nigeria;
- Experience engaging private sector institutions to improve smallholder agriculture production and post-harvest handling techniques;
- Experience in designing/managing sustainable agriculture production systems;
- Familiarity with nutrition sensitive and climate smart agriculture concepts; familiarity with mycotoxin and aflatoxin issues preferred;
- USAID or USG program experience preferred;
- Master’s Degree in related field;
- Strong written and verbal English language skills required.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.