Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Ghana
Proposal Development Technical Lead – Ghana
The Proposal Development Technical Lead will support the capture effort and technical design for proposal development for the upcoming USAID-Funded Ghana Trade and Investment Activity. This Activity will facilitate the growth and development of higher-value commercial crops through investment promotion, trade facilitation, and small and medium enterprise (SME) development. These efforts will support the Government of Ghana’s plan to recapture market share, access new markets as a source of foreign exchange, and support pathways to self-resilience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a network of key contacts and help organize interviews with Ghanaian development implementers and local partners;
- Write programmatic sections of the proposal in close collaboration with the Lead Technical Writer;
- Lead technical design from through final proposal submission, including research, partnering, and supporting writers of all proposal sections; and
- Collaborate closely with the Budget/Contracts Manager to ensure that the technical program comports with the budgetary and contractual requirements;
- Support the collection of budget numbers for inclusion of technical proposal/review.
- 8+ years of experience in Ghana agriculture and agribusiness development is required;
- Master’s Degree in related field required, PhD preferred;
- Experience in the development and adaption of value chains, including working with private and public sector actors to foster greater inclusiveness and collaboration, is required;
- Experience designing and/or managing agribusiness development projects is preferred;
- Experience in proposal writing is preferred;
- International donor experience required, USAID program experience required;
- Professional written and spoken fluency in English is required. Understanding of local languages is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.