Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Peshawar, KP
Provincial Coordinator/Admin Support
About the Project:
PATTA is a 4-year USAID funded project that will bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan. PATTA is partnering with agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services with the potential to increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers while mobilizing private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA partnerships will provide smallholder farmers with broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity, build resilience to climate change and reduce postharvest losses.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Agricultural Technologies, the Provincial Coordinator will maintain strong links with private and public sector organizations, associations and government departments for the promotion and commercialization of horticulture and livestock related technologies. The Provincial Coordinator will also be responsible for extending support to the Business Development and Marketing Services (BDMS) and Monitoring and Evaluation (MEL) units of the project.
- Coordinate with private sector stakeholders in the region in promoting agricultural technologies;
- Assist with agricultural technology demonstration and exposition in the region and in collaboration with Supply Side Partners (SSPs);
- Coordinate with SSPs and Demand Side Partners (DSPs) in promotion of agricultural technologies;
- Represent PATTA to relevant forums and organizations;
- Assist in the official documentation for approval of planned demonstrations in designated regions;
- Effectively liaise with PATTA senior management on all aspects of work plan implementation;
- Ensure the technical work of all local and expatriate consultants is appropriately conducted and completed, including ensuring the execution of all end-of-assignment deliverables and that other consultant and subcontractor performance results are: (a)consistent with and compliant with the consultant’s scope of work, (b) of high technical quality and good overall readability, and (c) acceptable to USAID and other component counterparts and beneficiaries;
- Liaise with the Government of KP, Departments of Agriculture, Plant Protection and Pest Warning, Research institutes, Extension Department and other government agencies, to introduce PATTA and mobilize support and resources to implement project activities;
- Develop links between SSPs, DSPs and facilitating partners in KP for timely completion of Ag. Tech and Business development activities.
- Review and develop technical literature, reports, brochures and other project dissemination materials in consultation with STTA or activity lead ;
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of PATTA activities in KP province and provide timely reports to the Director of Agricultural Technologies (AgTech);
- Coordinate with international consultants to develop project strategies implemented in KP province related to the following areas: Agricultural Technologies, business service providers, behavior changes, and access to finance activities;
- Integrate measures related to gender equity into all aspects of project activities;
- Coordinate with the project MEL unit regarding the results framework, performance management plan, questionnaires, and other instruments used for monitoring and evaluation;
- Liaise with the project’s operations component to track activities and material distribution at the sites of the signatory partners/stakeholders;
- Coordinate and facilitate communications for public awareness initiatives;
- Coordinate with STTAs in KP province to facilitate and integrate environmental compliance measures.
- Any other technical support related to the assignment as given by the Director of Agricultural Technology, Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, Agriculture Engineering and Technology, Business Management (MBA) or related field;
- Requisite 5- 7years prior experience engaging in similar tasks in various geographical zones in USAID-funded projects or for donor-funded agricultural projects;
- Experience in assisting with the development of horticulture and livestock technology demonstrations;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills;
- Documented report writing skills in English;
- Oral fluency in English.
Interested candidates should submit CVs to email@example.com by August 06, 2019. Kindly clearly mention position title “Provincial Coordinator – KP” in email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.