Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Public/Private Engagement and Coordination Advisor
Brief Project Overview
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- 7+ years of experience coordinating public and private stakeholders to produce evidence-based policies, regulatory reforms, and frameworks to support agricultural development is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Kenyan stakeholders involved in resilience and economic growth, including livestock sector development, livelihood diversification, health and nutrition, drought cycle management, natural resource management, conflict management, and other related fields, is required;
- Experience assessing institutional capacity of government, civil society, and private sector stakeholders and developing organizational strengthening plans is required;
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate input from county governments, civil society, and private sector to align with the priorities of national policy reform and devolution is preferred;
- Experience strengthening institutional capacity of government entities to develop and implement pro-growth policy and regulatory frameworks;
- Demonstrated success supporting county, national, and East African regional government entities to attract investment in the agriculture sector is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated success facilitating cross-border economic development with Tanzania and working with Inter Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) is preferred;
- Master’s degree is required, a PhD is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.