Team: Operations and Compliance | Commitment: Career | Location: West Africa
Regional Safety & Security Manager
The West African Regional Safety & Security Manager will support CNFA’s West African Portfolio. The Regional Safety & Security Manager (RSSM) will be responsible for making regular assessments of the risks, threats and other vulnerabilities affecting CNFA’s staff and assets in West Africa with a primary focus on higher risk countries within the region. The RSSM will report directly to the Senior Director, Global Security located in Washington, DC.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and provide analysis of threats, vulnerabilities, and risks in West Africa where CNFA staff and assets are located and report findings to Senior Director, Global Security, and affected Chief of Parties (COPs) and Security Focal Points (SFPs). Work as a team to develop and implement strategies to mitigate risk and accomplish project activities.
- Develop networks and liaise with national and regional security actors (United Nations system, the U.S. Embassies, the European Union Representation, USAID security offices and/or Partner Liaison Security Offices (PLSOs), other implementing partners and NGOs) to gather and share information related to security issues that may impact CNFA operations. Provide summarized readouts of issues to Senior Director, Global Security.
- Develop networks with host nation security professionals (police, military, etc.) and local government officials.
- Coordinate with CNFA’s Senior Director, Global Security and project leadership to arrange procurements for safety and security related support. (assessments, security details and other risk management initiatives).
- Work with SFPs to prepare and maintain security briefings for guests, consultants and/or visitors and provide direct support in the training/mentoring SFPs.
- Accomplish assigned security/safety related tasks from Senior Director, Global Security in timely manner.
- At least seven years of relevant, professional experience (military, police or NGO security) in roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred; alternatively, senior military, police or non-governmental security experience with at least 15 years of experience.
- Ability to work independently, highly motivated, and ability to use initiative to accomplish security/safety related tasks with minimal guidance.
- Experience supporting donor-funded projects is preferred.
- Experience in security management principles and providing training to staff.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks independently.
- Strong leadership and communication (interpersonal, verbal and written) skills.
- Experience in conducting security risk assessments and physical security assessments (office locations, hotels, residents, warehouses, etc.).
- Experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time in a one-year period.
- During crisis situations, take part in the Local Incident Management Team response.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Competency with Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other database/mapping systems.
- West African Citizen is preferred for this position.
- Able to write and speak English and French fluently is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. This is an immediate opening and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.