Team: Programs | Commitment: Procurement | Location: Pakistan
Request for Quotations: Procurement of Double Chamber Vacuum Packing Machines
RFQ Number: AMD-055
Issuance Date: June 28, 2017
Deadline for Offers: July 21, 2017
Description: Procurement of Double Chamber Vacuum Packing Machines
For: The Agricultural Market Development (AMD) Program
Funded By: United States Agency for International Development (USAID),
Contract/Cooperative Agreement/Grant No. AID-391-C-15-00003
Implemented By: CNFA
Point of Contact: Procurement Department
Section 1: Instructions to Offerors
The U.S. Pakistan Partnership for Agricultural Market Development (AMD) Program is a four year USAID funded program implemented by CNFA in Pakistan. The objective of AMD is to support the development of Pakistan’s commercial agriculture, particularly through improving the ability of Pakistan’s agriculture and livestock sectors to meet both international and domestic demand in targeted product lines.
As part of the project activities, AMD is providing in-kind grant assistance to its Meat beneficiaries. For this purpose, AMD requires to procure three Double Chamber Vacuum Packing Machines. These machines will be delivered and installed at three different beneficiary sites.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
2. Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 5 pm local Pakistan time on July 21, 2017 by hard copy delivery to the AMD office. Hard copy deliveries must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and sent to the AMD Office located at:
Agricultural Market Development,
5th Floor, NIB Building, Main Boulevard
83-A, E/1, Gulberg III, Lahore
Soft copies may be submitted to email@example.com.
Please reference the RFQ number (AMD-055) in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of CNFA.
3. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ may be submitted no later than 4 pm local Pakistan time on July 03, 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that CNFA believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by CNFA will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of CNFA or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
4. Specifications: Section 3 contains the technical specifications of the required items. All commodities offered in response to this RFQ must be new and unused. In addition, all electrical commodities must operate on 240V, 50Hz.
Please note that, unless otherwise indicated, stated brand names or models are for illustrative description only. An equivalent substitute, as determined by the specifications, is acceptable.
5. Quotations: Quotations in response to this RFQ must be priced on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery, installation, commissioning, testing, training, transportation, taxes and all other costs. Pricing must be presented in PKR. Offers must remain valid for not less than ninety (90) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on official letterhead or format; in the event this is not possible, offerors may complete the table in Section 3.
In addition, offerors responding to this RFQ are requested to submit the following:
· Organizations responding to this RFQ are requested to submit a copy of their official registration or business license.
· Organizations responding to this RFQ are requested to submit their company profile and NTN certificate.
6. Delivery: The delivery locations for the machines described in this RFQ are as follows:
1. Abedin International, 3.5 km Raiwind Manga Road, Lahore.
2. Tazij Meat & Foods, 3.5 km Raiwind Manga Road, Lahore.
3. Pakistan Food Products (Private) Limited, Survey # 623 NC-308, Deh Joreji Pipri, District Malir, Near Rice Godown, Karachi
As part of its response to this RFQ, each offeror is expected to provide an estimate (in calendar days) of the delivery timeframe (after receipt of order). The delivery estimate presented in an offer in response to this RFQ must be upheld in the performance of any resulting contract.
7. Source/Nationality/Manufacture: All goods and services offered in response to this RFQ or supplied under any resulting award must meet USAID Geographic Code 937 in accordance with the United States Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 22 CFR §228. The cooperating country for this RFQ is Pakistan.
Offerors may not offer or supply any commodities or services that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, (North) Sudan, Syria.
8. Warranty: Warranty service and repair within the cooperating country is required for all commodities under this RFQ. The warranty coverage must be valid on all commodities for a minimum of twelve (12) months after delivery and acceptance of the commodities, unless otherwise specified in the technical specifications.
9. Taxes and VAT: The AMD Project is exempt from cooperating country taxes, duties, and VAT.
10. Eligibility: By submitting an offer in response to this RFQ, the offeror certifies that it and its principal officers are not debarred, suspended, or otherwise considered ineligible for an award by the U.S. Government. CNFA will not award a contract to any firm that is debarred, suspended, or considered to be ineligible by the U.S. Government.
11. Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFQ instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and is lowest priced, technically acceptable.
Technical acceptability will be determined based on the following criteria:
– The offered machines must meet the required specifications
– The offeror must be registered with relevant tax authorities and have a valid NTN
– The offeror must be either the manufacturer or an authorized dealer/agent of the proposed equipment
– The offeror must provide a list of clients to whom they have supplied the packing machines
– The offeror must provide a minimum of one year warranty service
Please note that if there are significant deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFQ, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. CNFA reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
Best-offer quotations are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original quotations. However, CNFA reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
· CNFA may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award.
· While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full technical requirements of this RFQ, CNFA may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of the AMD Project.
· CNFA may cancel this RFQ at any time.
Please note that in submitting a response to this RFQ, the offeror understands that USAID is not a party to this solicitation and the offeror agrees that any protest hereunder must be presented—in writing with full explanations—to the AMD Project for consideration, as USAID will not consider protests regarding procurements carried out by implementing partners. CNFA, at its sole discretion, will make a final decision on the protest for this procurement.
12. Terms and Conditions: This is a Request for Quotations only. Issuance of this RFQ does not in any way obligate CNFA, the AMD Project, or USAID to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential offerors in the preparation and submission of an offer.
This solicitation is subject to CNFA’s standard terms and conditions. Any resultant award will be governed by these terms and conditions; a copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request. Please note the following terms and conditions will apply:
(a) CNFA’ standard payment terms are net 30 days after receipt and acceptance of any commodities or deliverables. Payment will only be issued to the entity submitting the offer in response to this RFQ and identified in the resulting award; payment will not be issued to a third party.
(b) Any award resulting from this RFQ will be firm fixed price, in the form of a fixed price subcontract.
(c) No commodities or services may be supplied that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, (North) Sudan, Syria.
(d) Any international air or ocean transportation or shipping carried out under any award resulting from this RFQ must take place on U.S.-flag carriers/vessels.
(e) United States law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. The supplier under any award resulting from this RFQ must ensure compliance with these laws.
(f) The title to any goods supplied under any award resulting from this RFQ shall pass to CNFA following delivery and acceptance of the goods by CNFA. Risk of loss, injury, or destruction of the goods shall be borne by the offeror until title passes to CNFA.
***** ETHICAL AND BUSINESS CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS *****
CNFA is committed to integrity in procurement, and only selects suppliers based on objective business criteria such as price and technical merit. CNFA expects suppliers to comply with our Standards of Business Conduct, available at http://www.CNFA.com/OurStory/OurMissionAndValues/Pages/default.aspx.
CNFA does not tolerate fraud, collusion among offerors, falsified proposals/bids, bribery, or kickbacks. Any firm or individual violating these standards will be disqualified from this procurement, barred from future procurement opportunities, and may be reported to both USAID and the Office of the Inspector General.
Employees and agents of CNFA are strictly prohibited from asking for or accepting any money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, object of value or compensation from current or potential vendors or suppliers in exchange for or as a reward for business. Employees and agents engaging in this conduct are subject to termination and will be reported to USAID and the Office of the Inspector General. In addition, CNFA will inform USAID and the Office of the Inspector General of any supplier offers of money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, object of value or compensation to obtain business.
Offerors responding to this RFQ must include the following as part of the proposal submission:
· Disclose any close, familial, or financial relationships with CNFA or project staff. For example, if an offeror’s cousin is employed by the project, the offeror must state this.
· Disclose any family or financial relationship with other offerors submitting proposals. For example, if the offeror’s father owns a company that is submitting another proposal, the offeror must state this.
· Certify that the prices in the offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
· Certify that all information in the proposal and all supporting documentation are authentic and accurate.
· Certify understanding and agreement to CNFA’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery and kickbacks.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the above information or to report any potential violations. Potential violations may also be reported directly to CNFA at to HQContractsDept@cnfa.orgor by phone/Skype at 202-296-3920.