Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Research & Technical Analyst
The Research & Technical Analyst is an integral member of CNFA’s New Business Development Team, contributing to the strategic growth and impact of CNFA’s program portfolio across the globe.
Embedded within the New Business Development Team, and working closely with the Lead Technical Program Developer and Lead Writers; the Research & Technical Analyst’s primary role is to support the development of compliant, competitive, winning proposals and strategic partnerships for the advancement CNFA’s mission and vision.
The Research & Technical Analyst will report directly to the Vice President, New Business Development.
Roles & Responsibilities: Technical Writing
- Contribute to the technical development of proposal sections through desk research, key informant and technical expert interviews, content review, and revision;
- Draft proposal content as needed, in close collaboration with the technical team and lead writers;
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of the proposal narrative, including liaising with relevant program and business development staff;
- Provide design support (infographics, data visualizations, etc.) to clarify and represent proposal content;
- Integrate storytelling and communications techniques and assets throughout proposal narratives.
Roles & Responsibilities: Information Gathering and Marketing
- When necessary, conduct pipeline research and reconnaissance trips to countries to gather information for new proposals, recruit project staff, and market CNFA to prospective partners. May travel 20 – 25 percent of time (this is an illustrative percentage; the position may require less or more travel depending on CNFA’s needs);
- Draft marketing materials highlighting CNFA’s technical strengths and geographic portfolios, including capacity statements for key thematic areas;
- Investigate new partnership opportunities for CNFA;
- Maintain relationships with CNFA’s current partners and organizational affiliations;
- Represent CNFA at conferences, workshops, client meetings, and other industry-relevant gatherings;
Roles & Responsibilities: Administrative Support
- Review solicitation documents and create comprehensive outlines and production calendars to guide proposal preparation;
- Facilitate smooth proposal production timelines by tracking key action items, scheduling regular team status meetings, and providing administrative support;
- Assist the Vice President, New Business Development with any ad-hoc requests and duties, as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to agriculture, international development, economic growth or private sector development, a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of overseas experience in international development for agriculture/agribusiness development, SME development, or economic growth activities;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent writing skills and strong communication skills;
- Ability to work within teams;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints;
- Specific competence on a cross cutting area of development; i.e. climate smart agriculture, gender, nutrition, and/or resilience is desirable.
- Specific skills in GIS, production of maps, graphics and info-graphics, and/or knowledge management are also desirable.
- Ability to travel internationally; and
- Current US Work authorization.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. CNFA does not sponsor work visas.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.