Team: Communications | Commitment: Procurement | Location: Washington DC
RFP: Graphic Design Support
RFP Number: RFP 1
Issuance Date: December 11, 2019
Deadline for Questions: December 20, 2019
Deadline for Offers: January 6, 2020
Description: Graphic Design Support
For: CNFA Communications
Funded By: Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Point of Contact: Darshana Patel
1828 L Street NW, Washington DC. 20036.
Section 1: Introduction, Technical Background and Scope of Work
1.1 Introduction: CNFA is an international agricultural development organization that specializes in the design and implementation of sustainable, enterprise-based agricultural initiatives. We work with businesses, foundations, governments, and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity, and improve access to inputs and financing in 45 countries around the world.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFP. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFP may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
CNFA will consider proposals in response to this RFP from Independent Consultants and Firms.
1.2: Scope of Work: The CNFA Communications Team is seeking a graphic designer to produce CNFA marketing materials (company banners, annual reports, brochures, infographics, fact sheets, folders, and other materials) with a fixed price for the materials listed in “Section 1.4: Tasks” and/or on an hourly basis for materials that do not adhere to the list below.
1.3: Period of Performance: The anticipated period of performance is two years with the possibility for extension.
1.4: Tasks: CNFA is looking for a graphic designer/firm that will support CNFA’s ongoing design needs. Brand guidelines have already been developed (for CNFA and for individual projects) and should be used to guide the design of each material. Additionally, the colors, font, photos, and theme of each new materials should rely on these guidelines alongside recent marketing materials such as the 2018 Annual Report, the cnfa.org website, and other relevant project-specific designs.
· Annual Report: Each year, CNFA produces an Annual Report containing information on our year in review, expertise areas, project highlights, activity spotlights, etc.
· Brochures and fact sheets: CNFA is looking to develop/modernize our marketing collateral, including overview brochures and fact sheets.
· Banners: CNFA occasionally requires retractable banners for events, projects, etc. Banners will follow the branding guidelines required for each event or project and will be needed on an ad-hoc basis.
· Infographics: Infographics are used in CNFA marketing materials, on social media, and in project proposals to describe CNFA impact numbers, expertise areas, activities, and more. These infographics vary in complexity and will be required occasionally.
· PowerPoint templates and cover pages: CNFA occasionally requires a set of PowerPoint templates and cover page designs for specific corporate and project-based presentations. The designer could be asked to produce either templates or event-specific materials throughout the duration of the agreement.
· Report templates: CNFA is looking to develop a new collection of USG Regulation Section 508-compliant reporting templates.The designer will need to develop a template with a set of different page styles/options.
· Other: Design needs may come up that are not listed in the line items above, or that are modifications to previously designed materials. CNFA is looking for the designer or firm to include an hourly rate into their proposal that can be charged on a case-by-case basis for other design-related services.
Section 2: Instructions to Offerors
2.1 Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 5:00pm, EST, on January 6, 2020. Offers must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the RFP number in any response to this RFP. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of CNFA. The cover page of this solicitation summarizes the important dates of the solicitation process. Offerors must strictly follow the provided deadlines to be considered for award.
2.2 Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFP may be submitted no later than 5:00pm EST on December 20, 2019 by email to Darshana Patel at email@example.com. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that CNFA believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFP recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by CNFA will be considered official and carry weight in the RFP process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of CNFA or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFP.
2.3 Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFP instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and is determined via a trade-off analysis to be the best value based on application of the below evaluation criteria. Best value determination will consider both technical and financial proposals, i.e., the best approach and anticipated results in combination with a reasonable cost. Proposed costs must reflect and clearly match the degree of sophistication of the technical approach.
Click here to download full RFP.