Team: Programs | Commitment: Procurement | Location: Nigeria
RFP: To Facilitate Staff Annual Workplan Implementation Workshop
RFP Number: RFP-015 AWP Consultant to Facilitate Staff Annual Workplan Implementation Workshop
Issuance Date: October 10th, 2019
Deadline for Questions: October 18th, 2019
Deadline for Offers: October 31th, 2019
Description: Procurement of a Workshop Facilitator for the USAID funded FTF Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity
For: Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity
Funded By: USAID-72062019C00001
Implemented By: CNFA
Points of Contact
Communications & Knowledge Management Specialist
28A Danube Street, Maitama Abuja
Section 1: Introduction, Technical Background and Scope of Work
1.1 Introduction: CNFA is a non-profit international development organization based in Washington D.C. which currently implements the Feed-the-Future Agribusiness Investment Activity in Nigeria. CNFA is seeking the services of an experienced facilitator in Abuja to provide support in facilitating a 3-day CNFA Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity Staff annual workplan implementation and team building workshop.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFP. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFP may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration. All offerors must be based in Abuja, Nigeria or be ready to bear the cost of logistics for the exercise, to facilitate face-to-face meetings and working relationship.
1.2: Scope of Work: CNFA requires the services of a national facilitator for the Activity’s upcoming Annual Workplan (AWP) Implementation and Team Building Workshop in Abuja, Nigeria. The potential candidate is required to facilitate a 3-day workshop aimed at ensuring that all Activity staff have a clear and mutual understanding of the project Year 2 Annual work plan, the implementation approach being led by the component and team leaders, the expected outcomes, and how it results in the achievement of the Activity’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The facilitator is also expected to conduct team building exercises and other initiatives that will further enhance team performance. Please note that the workshop will be conducted in English.
The Activity has 4 program or technical components, and 4 operations related teams, and 2 cross cutting themes. Each of these is expected to present their year 2 workplan section, with a focus on the inter-dependencies across components and teams. The 4 components comprise of: Improvements to the Agribusiness Enabling Environment (policy reform and more effective and efficient review and PPD processes); Improved Access to Finance (debt), Facilitation of Investment (non-debt); and Support to SME Agribusinesses. The latter is in charge of our 7 staffed 1-person field offices in our seven focal states. The operations teams include Office and Administrative Management; Communications; Finance; and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL). The two cross cutting themes are women and youth. We suggest each component or team leader have a chance to present their Year 2 work plan section, with a focus on interventions, results, and interdependencies across the Activity. Another critical component will be a harmonizing presentation by the MEL Manager to build awareness, interest, understanding and motivation in achieving these targets.
1.3: Anticipated Period of Performance: November 12, 2019 through November 14, 2019 . More specifically, we estimate the Level of Effort (LOE) for his assignment to comprise 6 days as follows: 2 days in preparatory meetings with CNFA staff; 3 days delivering the workshop, and 1 day to write up the report.
1.4: Tasks: The selected offeror is expected to work closely with the Workshop Planning Committee beforehand and to provide in-person facilitation services throughout the 3-day AWP workshop in Abuja. Services include but are not limited to:
· Liaise and collaborate with Component Leads and Chief of Party to ensure adequate understanding of the teams’ annual workplan presentations and their objectives.
· Develop and submit a plan detailing intended team building activities and their objectives.
· Facilitate a 3-day CNFA Nigeria annual workplan implementation/team building retreat.
· Provide feedback after each day to the organizing committee on progress made.
· Facilitate team building/team dynamics/emotional intelligence exercises.
· Facilitate a session on a shared understanding of the Activity’s audiences.
· Emphasize the importance of internal communications as a key success factor.
· Stimulate an open and frank discussion on the need for alignment between program/technical teams and the operations, monitoring, learning and evaluation (MEL), and communications team.
· Identify what synergy looks like and how it can be achieved (e.g components and team interdependences).
· Identify opportunities for innovation to help make internal processes more efficient.
· Prepare and present a final report of the retreat, including findings, conclusions, questions that need further discussion and recommendations going forward.
Click here to download full RFP.