Team: Programs | Commitment: | Location: Egypt
RFQ: Supply, Delivery, Commissioning, and Provision of Training and Warranty for pre-cooling and cooling rooms, pomegranate sorting and grading machine, electric scale, electric forklift and a diesel generator
RFQ Number: CNFA-FAS-RFQ No. 5-GRANTS- IS-ASC-2019-04-01
Issuance Date: May 16, 2019
Deadline for Questions: May 26, 2019 Local time- @ 3:00pm
Deadline for Offers: June 06, 2019 Local time- @ 3:00pm
Description: Supply, Delivery, Commissioning, and Provision of Training and Warranty for pre-cooling and cooling rooms, pomegranate sorting and grading machine, electric scale, electric forklift and a diesel generator
For: Egypt Feed the Future Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS)
Funded By: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Contract Number: AID-263-A-15-00022
Implemented By: CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture)
Point of Contact: FAS Procurement Manager email@example.com
1. Introduction: In July 2015, CNFA began implementing the Feed the Future Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) program in Egypt. The five-year FAS program aims to dramatically increase incomes and improve food security for at least 14,000 Upper Egyptian smallholder farmers. The market-driven approach of the project is supported by four interrelated components, including improved on-farm production, more efficient post-harvest processes, improved marketing of agriculture crops and products, and improved nutritional status of pregnant and lactating women and children under 5. To promote post-harvest efficiency, the project vertically integrates farmer groups and develops agro-processing enterprises through cold chain expansion, storage facilities, and pack houses. The project will achieve an annualized increase in incomes for over 14,000 horticulture-based smallholder farmers through activities such as the introduction of new contracts between horticulture smallholder farmers and market channels. CNFA manages a matching grant fund which will be used to refurbish and develop productive infrastructure, catalyze innovation, stimulate investment, and support the development of critical value chain segments.
As part of project activities, the CNFA/FAS Project requires the purchase of pre-cooling and cooling rooms, pomegranate sorting and grading machine, electric scale, electric forklift and a diesel generator as described below. The purpose of this RFQ is to solicit quotations for – – Food Processing Equipment (Lot 5).
CNFA also encourages interested offerors to submit quotations in response to future related solicitations for the procurement of additional input supply-related equipment. These additional solicitations will be released shortly after the release of this current solicitation and grouped by type of equipment. There are 4 other solicitations (RFQ). Offerors can submit offers for the other RFQ’s (all lots, multiple lots, or one lot), though preference will be given to offerors who can address a larger number of lots.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere to instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
2. Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than Thursday June 6, 2019 at 3:00pm local time by either email or hard copy delivery. Any emailed offers must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any hard copy deliveries must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and delivered to the FAS office located at Villa Taie, Gezira Gardens Street, Ramla, El Bairat, West Bank, Luxor, Egypt. Hard copies shall be addressed to FtF Egypt FAS Procurement Manager.
Please reference the RFQ number in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of CNFA. The cover page of this solicitation summarizes the important dates of the solicitation process. Offerors must strictly follow the provided deadlines to be considered for award.
Offerors are encouraged to submit offers for the specifications listed; materials and equipment with alternative specifications may not be considered.
3. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ may be submitted no later than May 26, 2019, at 3:00pm local time to FAS Procurement Manager at email@example.com.Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that CNFA believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by CNFA will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of CNFA or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
4. Offer guarantee (Bank letter of guarantee/ payable cheque)
Offerors must provide an offer guarantee of a value of US $5,000 when submitting their offer. This guarantee will be released to unsuccessful offerors once the RFQ procedure has been completed and to the successful offeror[s] upon signature of the contract by all parties. This guarantee will be called upon if the offeror does not fulfil all obligations stated in its offer.
5. Performance guarantee (Bank letter of guarantee/ payable cheque)
The successful offeror will be asked to provide a performance guarantee of 5% of the amount of the Purchase Order at the signing phase. This guarantee must be provided together with the return of the countersigned Purchase Order no later than 15 days after the offeror receives the purchase order by CNFA. If the selected offeror fails to provide such a guarantee within this period, the purchase order will be void and a new purchase order may be drawn up and sent to the offeror which has submitted the next best offer.
6. Technical Requirements: The table below contains the technical requirements of the commodities/services. Offerors are requested to provide quotations containing the information below on official letterhead or official quotation format.
· All equipment and materials must be delivered, installed, and commissioned to/at the business location specified in the technical specification table and training must be provided on the use and maintenance of the equipment and must take place onsite at the business location.
· The supplies must be accompanied by the necessary accessories / training kit to ensure proper maintenance of equipment. The successful offeror should at least provide basic oil change, filter replacement, and spare part replacement training.
· Training materials, equipment operating manuals must be substantive and translated into the Arabic language if Arabic is not the original language. Training must be provided in the Arabic language.
· CNFA reserves the right to vary quantities specified in the RFQ during negotiations and at the time of issuing purchase order and during the validity of the contract. Offerors must complete the following table as part of a full and complete offer submission.
· Column 4 is to be filled in by the offeror and must detail what is offered (for example the words “compliant” or “yes” are not sufficient)
· Column 7 allows the offeror to make remarks on its proposed supply and to make eventual references to the documentation.
· The offer must be clear enough to allow the evaluators to make an easy comparison between the requested specifications and the offered specifications.
· All the equipment shall be provided complete with the necessary accessories and/or parts such as to ensure that the unit is capable of operating to the required technical and quality specifications. All specification details listed for each item are the minimum requirements. Any improvements on the specifications or additional features offered should be clearly identified in the Supplier’s offer. Any offers exceeding the minimum specifications will not influence the technical compliance and will not yield a higher score.
· The items provided should not be hybrids and should be a registered brand name. Because of the variety of equipment, it is impossible to put the “one manufacturer” condition, thus for compatibility purposes it is required to follow the compatibility requirements very strictly (e.g. tractor with trailer, particularly in respect of hydraulic tipping and braking connections).
· All equipment units must be capable of operating effectively in an environment with the following temperature and humidity conditions:
– Temperature Range: – 5 C to + 40 C
– Relative Humidity: 30% – 80%
The training costs shall be entirely supported by the Supplier.