Team: Programs | Commitment: Request for Quotation | Location: Egypt
RFQ: Supply, Delivery, Installation & Testing of IT equipment
RFQ Number: CNFA-FAS-RFQ – Cooperatives & Associations IT EQP
Issuance Date: January 9, 2020
Deadline for Questions: January 15, 2020
Deadline for Offers: 3:00 PM CLT January 19, 2020
Description: Supply, Delivery, Installation & Testing of IT equipment
For: Feed the Future Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) Project
Funded By: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Agreement Number: AID-216-A-15-00022
Implemented By: CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture)
Point of Contact FAS Procurement Manager email@example.com
1. Introduction: In July 2015, CNFA began implementing the Feed the Future Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) program in Egypt. The five-year FAS program aims to dramatically increase incomes and improve food security for at least 14,000 Upper Egyptian smallholder farmers. The market-driven approach of the project is supported by four interrelated components, including improved on-farm production, more efficient post-harvest processes, improved marketing of agriculture crops and products, and improved nutritional status of pregnant and lactating women and children under 5. To promote post-harvest efficiency, the project vertically integrates farmer groups and develops agro-processing enterprises through cold chain expansion, storage facilities, and pack houses. The project will achieve annualized increase in incomes for over 14,000 horticulture-based smallholder farmers through the introduction of new contracts between horticulture smallholder farmers and market channels. CNFA manages a matching grant fund which will be used to refurbish and develop productive infrastructure, catalyze innovation, stimulate investment, and support the development of critical value chain segments.
Following a recent assessment of associations and cooperatives, the FAS Project will procure computers, software, and IT equipment in order to apply FAS trainings and support the development of adequate management systems necessary for their sustainability and to better support their small holder farmer members. For the complete list of IT items to be purchased with this RFQ, please refer to Section 6, the technical requirements, of this document.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
2. Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 3:00 PM CLT January 19, 2020. Offers must be submitted by email. Any emailed offers must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any hard copy deliveries must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and delivered to the FAS office located at Villa Taie, Gezira Gardens Street, Ramla, El Bairat, West Bank, Luxor, Egypt. Hard copies shall be addressed to FtF Egypt FAS Procurement Manager.
Please reference the RFQ number in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of CNFA. The cover page of this solicitation summarizes the important dates of the solicitation process. Offerors must strictly follow the provided deadlines to be considered for award.
Offerors are encouraged to submit offers for the specifications listed; materials and equipment with alternative specifications may not be considered.
The quantities indicated will be indivisible. Offeror must offer the whole of the quantity or quantities indicated. Offerors will not be considered for just portions of the required quantities.
Offeror may include discounts in its offer. The discount should be clearly indicated for each lot. CNFA may select the most favourable overall solution after taking into account of any discounts offered.
3. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ may be submitted no later than 1:00 pm CLT on January 15, 2020 by email to Procurement@egyptfas.org. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that CNFA believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by CNFA will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of CNFA or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
4. Offer guarantee (Bank letter of guarantee/ payable cheque): Offerors must provide an offer guarantee of a value of US $5,000 when submitting their offer. This guarantee will be released to unsuccessful offerors once the RFQ procedure has been completed and to the successful offeror[s] upon signature of the contract by all parties. This guarantee will be called upon if the offeror does not fulfill all obligations stated in its offer.
5. Performance guarantee (Bank letter of guarantee/ payable cheque):The successful offeror will be asked to provide a performance guarantee of 5% of the amount of the Purchase Order at the signing phase. This guarantee must be provided together with the return of the countersigned Purchase Order no later than 15 days after the offeror receives the purchase order by CNFA. If the selected offeror fails to provide such a guarantee within this period, the purchase order will be void and a new purchase order may be drawn up and sent to the offeror which has submitted the next best offer.
6. Technical Requirements: The table below contains the technical requirements of the commodities/services. Offerors are requested to provide quotations containing the information below on official letterhead or official quotation format.
All equipment and materials must be delivered, installed, and commissioned to/at the business location(s), which is currently to be determined but will be provided to the successfully selected offeror(s).
· CNFA reserves the right to vary quantities specified in the RFQ during negotiations and at the time of issuing purchase order and during the validity of the contract. The unit prices quoted in the RFQ shall be used and must be valid for a period of 60 days after the RFQ submission deadline. Offerors must complete the following table as part of a full and complete offer submission.
· Column 4 is to be filled in by the offeror and must detail what is offered (for example the words “compliant” or “yes” are not sufficient)
· Column 7 allows the offeror to make comments on its proposed supply and to make eventual references to the documentation with links to technical specifications or fact sheets as needed.
· The offer must be clear enough to allow the evaluators to make an easy comparison between the requested specifications and the offered specifications.
Click here to download full RFQ.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. Position is not eligible for U.S. work sponsorship.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.