Team: Programs | Commitment: Procurement | Location: Guinea
RFQ: Supply of Smartphones
RFQ Number: SAVY-12-06-SMARTPHONES
Issuance Date: December 28, 2018
Deadline for Questions: January 4, 2019; 16h00 GMT/ 11AM EST.
Deadline for Offers: January 11, 2019; 16h00 GMT/11AM EST.
Description: Supply of Smartphones (Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro Phones or equivalent)
For: Strengthening Agricultural Value Chains and Youth (SAVY)
Funded By: USAID AID-675-LA-16-00003
Implemented By: CNFA
Point of Contact
Mrs. Diaraye Sanoko
HR, Finance, and Admin Officer
Kipe, Carrefour Métal Guinée
+224 628 61 96 60
1.Introduction: The SAVY project is a USAID program implemented by CNFA in Guinea. The goal of the SAVY project is to improve input supply services, increase financial inclusion, and facilitate thriving markets, while building the capacity of the next generation of Guinean agro-entrepreneurs to sustain a commercialized, productive, and profitable agriculture sector. The project will facilitate improved agricultural inputs and credit tools, and increased market information and flows along the rice, horticulture, and livestock value chains in Guinea.
As part of project activities, the SAVY Project requires the purchase of 55 smartphones (Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro or equivalent) for private veterinarians to assist them with zoonotic disease data collection, processing and transmission tracking. The purpose of this RFQ is to solicit quotations for these items.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
2. Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than 16h00 GMT, or 11:00am EST, on January 11, 2019. Offers must be submitted by email or hard copy delivery to the SAVY office. Any emailed offers must be emailed to Mrs. Diaraye Sanoko, email@example.com, and Mr. Harris Ayuk-Takor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any hard copy deliveries must be stamped and signed by the offeror’s authorized representative and delivered to the SAVY office located at Kipe, Carrefour Metal Guinee, Conakry, Guinee.
Please reference the RFQ number in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of CNFA. The cover page of this solicitation summarizes the important dates of the solicitation process. Offerors must strictly follow the provided deadlines to be considered for award.
3. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ may be submitted no later than 16h00 GMT or 11:00am EST on January 4, 2019 by email to Mrs. Diaraye Sanoko, email@example.com and Mr. Harris Ayuk, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that CNFA believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by CNFA will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of CNFA or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
4. Technical Requirements: Please reference the attached Annex –Technical Specifications containing the technical requirements of the commodities/services. Offers with technical specifications equivalent to the attached are accepted. Offerors are requested to provide quotations containing the information on official letterhead or official quotation format.
Any commodities offered in response to this RFQ must be new and unused. In addition, all electrical commodities must operate on 220V.
Please note that, unless otherwise indicated, any stated brand names or models are for illustrative description only. An equivalent substitute, as determined by the specifications, is acceptable.
5.Quotations: Quotations in response to this RFQ must be priced on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery and all other costs. Pricing must be presented in GNF or USD. Offers must remain valid for not less than thirty (30) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on official letterhead in the format provided in Section 4 – Technical Requirements.
6. Evaluation: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFQ instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and meets or exceeds the minimum required technical specifications and is judged to be the best value based on a lowest-price, technically-acceptable basis. Only offerors determined to be technically acceptable will be considered for award. The evaluation committee will assess offerors’ acceptability in accordance with the following criteria:
· Meets or Exceeds Technical Specifications;
· Match Delivery Schedule (maximum 30 days) or shorter;
· Warranty Period of minimum one (1) year.
Best-offer proposals are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original proposals. However, CNFA reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
· CNFA may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award;
· While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full technical requirements of this RFQ, CNFA may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of the SAVY Project;
· CNFA may cancel this RFQ at any time.
Please note that if there are deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFQ, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. CNFA reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
7. Payment and Award: The award will be awarded to the offeror whose quotation represents the best value to the Project. Any award and payment resulting from this RFQ is anticipated to be in the form of a Purchase Order. This award is subject to the SAVY Project’s terms and conditions as stipulated in Annex 3.
8. Offer Format Instructions: Format Instructions: All proposals must be formatted in accordance with the below requirements:
(a) English or French language
(b) Include the individual/agency/organization name, date, RFQ number, and page numbers as a header or footer throughout the document.
(c) The Technical Offer must be in the format provided in Section 4.
A full offer will include the following documents:
(a) An offer checklist (Annex 1).
(b) A cover letter on company letterhead, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (Annex 2).
(c) A complete Technical Offer in response to the evaluation criteria in Section 6 and in the format provided in Section 4.
(d) A copy of the offeror’s business license, or, if an individual, a copy of his/her identification card.
(e) Contact information of three professional references for similar work.
Annex 1 – Offeror Checklist
To assist offerors in preparation of proposals, the following checklist summarizes the documentation to include an offer in response to this RFQ:
□ Offeror Checklist (Annex 1)
□ Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (see Annex 2)
□ Official quotation, including specifications of offered items (see Section 4)
□ Copy of offeror’s registration or business license
□ Contact information of three professional references for similar work.