Team: CNFA Europe | Commitment: Career | Location: Tanzania
Sector Expert – Livestock, Consulting Services for Fund Manager, SAGCOT Investment Project – Tanzania
CNFA is seeking a Sector Expert – Livestock for the Consulting Services of Fund Manager activity under the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) project. SAGCOT Catalytic Trust Fund (CTF) has received funding from the World Bank (WB) for stimulating business linkages between smallholder farmers and value chain buyers operating in Tanzania through Matching Grants. SAGCOT-CTF has been established as a public-private partnership to stimulate responsible and sustainable commercial development in the Southern Corridor of Tanzania and ensure clear benefits for smallholder farmers and their communities while improving food security, environmental sustainability and increased incomes.
- Postgraduate degree in agriculture with strong bias in agronomy, animal husbandry veterinary medicine, or related qualification;
- At least 5 years’ experience in conservation agriculture;
- Demonstrated knowledge of conservation agriculture;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the livestock sub-sector required with significant and proven livestock projects engagement experience in East Africa and specifically Tanzania;
- Good command of spoken and written in English, proficiency in Swahili strongly preferred
Women and Tanzanian national professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline for submission is November 17, 2017.