Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Senior Advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – Seed Systems Support Activity
The Seed Systems Support Activity (S3A) project based in Washington, D.C. and funded by the USAID Bureau of Food Security will focus to enhance farmer’ access to a full range of seed choices and options to maximize their responsive decisions making and planning for production. S34 aims to improve national seed sector in Feed the Future countries and in countries with resilience and emergency seed security programs. By identifying and removing constraints and bottlenecks within the seed systems, the goal is to increase the
number of smallholder farmers utilizing quality seeds, including high yielding and stress tolerant commercial and staple crop varieties, in countries.
CNFA is currently seeking a Senior Advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tosupport an upcoming USAID-funded Seed Systems Support Activity. The position will be based in Washington, DC with possible travel to Feed the Future focus countries. The Senior Advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will be responsible for focusing on learning agenda research and capacity for technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation. The Advisor will serve as a technical expert to lead the activities providing technical assistance in research, monitoring and evaluation. The position will report directly to the Project Director/Chief of Party. S/he should have the following experience and qualifications.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in agriculture, plant breeding, ecology or related field.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and research inclusive of each of the following:
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems in low
- income and resource constrained settings
- Experience in gender inclusive, gender sensitive project design and implementation
- Experience in training implementers and/or policy makers
- Experience in data analysis
- Strong written and oral English language skills required, additional language skills a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.