Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Senior Agronomist/Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
The USAID/Rwanda Hinga Weze (formerly: FTF Rwanda Sustainable Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition (SFAN) Activity) activity, will link agriculture productivity with sustainable management of natural resources through integrated soil fertility and water management to improve the nutrition outcome of agriculture investments.
The objective of this activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate.
Award Info: Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee Contract ($33.5 million – 35 million)
- Master’s degree in international development, agriculture/agronomy, environment, or related field of study.
- 7 years’ professional experience in developing countries, some of which should be in Africa, in food security and agronomy in managing or implementing development programs. Experience with East Africa or Rwanda agriculture sector is an asset;
- Solid foundation in a broad range of agriculture subjects preferred, including areas such as agriculture economics, agriculture policy, agribusiness, agronomy, agriculture extension, and market development;
- Familiarity with nutrition sensitive and climate smart agriculture concepts highly desirable preferred;
- Experience in designing or managing sustainable agricultural production systems is preferred;
- Familiarity with agriculture research integration in project implementation, and experience working to improve private and public extension systems;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required. Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an asset;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Women and Rwandan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.