Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Senior Grants Manager – Kenya LWA
Brief Project Overview
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Grants Manager.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the design and administration of grants-under-grants/contracts is required, preferably related to value chain/market systems approaches;
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in grants administration is required, preferably for grants facilities in excess of $5 million;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial and management systems, regulations, and reporting requirements, while maintaining an attitude of creativity and flexibility, is required;
- 2+ years of experience working on USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to include women and youth in grant implementation is strongly preferred, especially within the Northern Kenyan livestock industry;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.