Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: kenya
Senior Livestock Production Lead – Kenya LWA
Brief Project Overview
The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to increase production of livestock and build the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain. By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a Livestock Productivity and Value Chain Advisor.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Ideal Candidate’s Experience
- 7+ years of experience in the East African livestock industry, including in livestock and other market systems development, is required, preferably in Northern Kenya;
- Demonstrated success strengthening livestock sector value chains, including support to producer organizations, input and service providers, and ancillary value chain actors is required;
- Experience designing and managing implementation of interventions that support improved herd management, livestock-related livelihood and small business development, rangeland rehabilitation, livestock market infrastructure, insurance, investment, processing, supply chain management, behavior change, quality standards, access to finance, and other related areas is strongly preferred;
- 2+ years of experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Experience in the inclusion of youth and women into livestock value chains is strongly preferred;
- Experience developing inclusive commercial relationships among livestock actors that facilitate the profitable participation of pastoralists and other vulnerable communities is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is strongly preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.