Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Senior Program Development Officer
The Senior Program Development Officer is an integral member of CNFA’s New Business Development Team contributing to the business development process in the construction of winning proposals enabling the organization to grow strategically.
- Manage proposal and capture teams in collaboration with technical writers to develop compliant, competitive proposals;
- Oversee the entire proposal process from capture through development, submission, and after-action reviews in close collaboration with senior BD and Programs staff;
- Engage in networking, research, and competitive analysis inform strategic decisions regarding new business ventures; position the organization to respond to and drive trends in international agriculture; and identify and respond to specific upcoming proposal development opportunities;
- Provide coordination, management and development of business planning activities across various countries and sectors. Work with the team in managing all phases of the proposal development process to include: partner management, proposal conceptualizing and writing, personnel recruitment, budgeting, project management, post proposal assessment, etc.;
- Assist with the creation of institutional systems that provide: improved methods of forecasting upcoming business opportunities and develop plans at the country and regional levels; ensure that templates and tools for proposal development are developed, and staff is adequately trained in various aspects of our work; work to smooth collaboration across the organization in the functionality of proposal team methodologies; actively coordinate and participate in planning and/or status meetings to ensure proper adherence to good proposal management practices;
- Represent CNFA at conferences workshops, client meetings and other relevant industry gatherings; and
- Perform a variety of other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum five years of experience in proposal preparation or related profession;
- Two or more years of relevant international development experience highly desirable;
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, journalism, or other relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Excellent conceptual, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Proven successful experience managing business development activities in international development;
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results;
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities;
- Ability to work in an environment with international objectives;
- Ability to be flexible and interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite required;
- Ability to travel internationally; and
- Current US work authorization required.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your current permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. CNFA does not sponsor work visas.
We are looking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.