Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Short-Term Farmer-to-Farmer Program Associate
The John Ogonowski and Doug Bereuter Farmer-to-Farmer Program (F2F) provides short term technical assistance to farmer groups and agribusinesses in developing countries. Volunteers are American farmers, agriculture educators, and agribusiness professionals who want to use their skills to improve global food security.
CNFA implements F2F programs in Southern Africa. The Program Associate will focus on recruitment, logistics, administration, as well as programmatic aspects such as SOW review and reporting. The position is based in CNFA’s Washington, DC office and reports to the F2F Senior Program Officer. This is a short-term assignment for a period of 3-6 months.
Immediate – September 30th, 2017
- Recruiting, briefing, logistics, and debriefing of high-quality volunteers to fulfill F2F’s annual targets and achieve strong development impact; emphasize recruitment of women, minorities and first-time volunteers;
- Maintain close communication with, and provide support to, the field offices and DC-based program officers;
- Perform a variety of administrative/support tasks including volunteer advance requests and post-assignment travel reconciliation/travel vouchers, updating tracking sheets and other program documents, and data entry into the CRM database;
- Assist in drafting program reports to USAID, as well as reviewing, editing, and providing guidance to field offices on program documents; and
- Develop and maintain positive relations with organizations that can strengthen recruiting and F2F program activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (international studies, area studies, business, agronomy, agricultural economics, etc.) plus 1 – 2 years related work experience;
- Motivated and hard-working, with strong interest in international development;
- Proven writing/editing/proof-reading skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Previous experience in HR and/or professional recruiting a plus;
- US Work Authorization Required.
This is an immediate and active recruitment with interviews of qualified candidates conducted on a rolling basis.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. CNFA does not sponsor work visas.