Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Caracas, Venezuela or Regional
STTA: Agricultural Development Advisor
The Agricultural Development Advisor will provide leadership and business development support for potential agricultural development opportunities in Venezuela. S/he will position the company for new upcoming opportunities in the agriculture sector including connecting and engaging with potential leaders and industry stakeholders, such as donor organizations, public and private sector community and other outlets to collaborate with and partner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely monitor donor organizations’ active programs in country and potential future opportunities within the agricultural sector.
- Thoroughly review new policies or donor strategies for future country engagement focus on agriculture value chain development, rural development, resilience and sustainability programs.
- Engage with local agribusinesses, businessman, agronomist, agriculture universities and institutions, local professionals, and public sector representatives at all levels
- Support the company on identifying, tracking and positioning for the opportunities in agriculture
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agronomy, rural development, economics or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in working in agricultural related programs supported by international donor funded organizations (USAID, World Bank, Dfid, FAO, Gates Foundation, etc.)
- Understanding of the institutional and political context and exposure to agriculture policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations in Venezuela
- Familiarity with seed, fertilizer, modern farming equipment, and practices, post-harvest methods, and/or agriculture training delivery
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to present opportunities to engaged stakeholders
- Written and spoken Spanish and English fluency is required.
- Experience working and living in South America, particularly in Venezuela is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.