Team: Programs | Commitment: Consultant | Location: Egypt
STTA: Business Advisor Consultant
About Feed the Future Egypt Food Security and Agribusiness Support Project (FAS)
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified Business Advisor Consultants for its FAS project. FAS is based in Luxor and focuses on agricultural value chain development targeting smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt.
Business Advisor Consultant
Working under the direct supervision of the FAS Grants Manager, the STTA Business Advisor Consultant will support the FAS Grant Team by working with the private sector companies being considered for FAS project grant funding.
STTA Assignment Report in English that:
1) contains the Full Proposal workshop training materials
2) lists the contact information for the companies that received Full Proposal preparation technical assistance
3) lists the lessons learned vis-à-vis the grant process and how FAS could work more effectively with the private sector
4) recommends improvements to the grant process and the assistance provided to the private sector
Up to four months’ depending on the magnitude of grant activity.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- FAS Project orientation: 1) read the project’s Technical Application and quarterly reports; and 2) meet with the project’s Chief of Party, four Component Team Leaders, Field Operations Manager, and Grant Team to learn what they do and understand how private sector grant funding serves the project’s goals.
- Contribute to training material development and participate in the Full Proposal training workshop for the selected private sector applicants.
- Assist the private sector Full Proposal applicants to correctly and accurately complete Annex A: Grant Application Form (Sections A-I and Attachments 1-4) with the aim of maximizing the applicants’ success vis-à-vis the Evaluation Criteria for Full Proposal found on pages 26 and 27 of the private sector grant solicitation (http://bit.ly/FASCNFA4).
- Discuss the Full Proposal submissions with the FtF Egypt FAS technical review committee as a non-voting member.
- Draft and submit STTA Assignment Report in English that: 1) contains the Full Proposal workshop training materials; 2) lists the contact information for the companies that received Full Proposal preparation technical assistance; 3) lists the lessons learned vis-à-vis the grant process and how FAS could work more effectively with the private sector; and 4) recommends improvements to the grant process and the assistance provided to the private sector.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in relevant field is required.
- Minimum of ten years working as a Business Advisor on donor funded projects.
- Agribusiness experience is preferred.
- Experience with assisting private businesses in preparing grant applications.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations governing grant-funded activities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Willingness to travel and work anywhere in Egypt is required.