Team: Programs | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Nigeria
STTA: Fertilizer Steam Granulation
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is seeking Fertilizer Steam Granulation Consultants for its USAID-funded Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity. This is a 5-year project focused on improving the enabling environment for finance and investment in the agribusiness sector. The activity is in seven focus states of Niger, Benue, Kaduna, Delta, Cross River, Kebbi and Ebonyi. It has soybean, maize, aquaculture, rice and cowpea as its valuechains.
The Role: The Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity seeks to engage an expert on steam granulation for its partner in the fertilizer industry. This is a short-term technical assistance (STTA) position, reporting to the Chief of Party through the Agribusiness Director for the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A feasibility study on steam granulation is required. The Study will be required to provide insight and elaborate on the followings:
1. Impact of segregation in the bulk blended fertilizer industry.
2. The steam granulation blending process in the blended fertilizer industry in Nigeria.
3. Granulation technologies available and OEMs.
4. CAPEX computation of developing fertilizer granulation capacity
5. Economics of granulation production vs bulk blending.
6. Requirements to Upgrade existing bulk blending plants to granulation plants
7. And other things required to provide technical guidance to manufacturers of blended fertilizers in Nigeria in the selection of blending technologies, capacities,etc.
Qualified consultants meeting the above criteria will be invited to present an implementation proposal to a technical panel.
The proposal should have;
• Description of individual or firm performance on related past projects
• Brief outline of proposed work.
• Consultant’s daily rate.
• Requested payment terms and conditions
• Description o fApproach/Methodology
• Suggested workplan
• Description and Schedule of Deliverables
• Description of internal controls to be used to ensure end deliverables are of high quality.
• Description of experience and capabilities of the individual in providing the types of services being requested.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Nigeria;
- University graduate with at least 10 years’ experience in similar work;
- Prior working experience in the fertilizer blending industry is compulsory; with evidence of work in steam granulation;
- The consultant should have considerable expertise in chemical/industrial engineering most especially in Fertilizer production.
- Understanding of Nigeria’s fertilizer & agricultural input markets and the agricultural system in rural Nigeria.
- The consultant should have previous experience in providing technical expertise to fertilizer blending process.
- The assignment requires a consultant or company who will be responsible to cover all works mentioned in the SOW above.
- Be well organized and demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as be creative, artistic, and innovative;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and be able to work under tight deadlines.
- PreferredcandidatesmusthaveaminimumoffirstdegreeinIndustrialEngineering, Process Engineering, or related fields. Knowledge of the fertilizer manufacturing industry is required.
In the application, the applicant must clearly explain how s/he meets the essential and desirable skills,qualifications and experience as mentioned above. Please send all communications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 8th November 2019.