Team: Programs | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Egypt
STTA for FAS Database Programming and Troubleshooting
The Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) program is a five year, $23 million USAID funded program implemented by CNFA in Egypt. The goal of FAS is to increase agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt. The program will achieve this goal by implementing a market-driven approach that facilitates sustainable, pro-poor value chain development, and helps smallholders increase access to domestic and export markets. The market-driven approach will be supported by four interrelated components: 1) improved on-farm production, 2) more efficient post-harvest processes, 3) improved marketing of agriculture crops and products, and 4) improved nutritional status, especially for women and children.
Assignment Objectives and Background
CNFA considers monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to be an essential management support function that facilitates evidence-based program management through rigorous identification, testing, and scaling-up of interventions that maximize impact and cost-effectiveness, all of which are a core part of the FAS project adaptive management approach to market system development. FAS utilizes a cloud-based platform (Knack) to submit and manage activity concept notes and manage data for analysis and reporting. FAS seeks an expert in management information systems who can provide back-end programming design and fixes to the FAS Knack database.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will provide technical expertise to support the FAS project by providing back-end programming design and fixes to the FAS Knack database. Specifically, the consultant will;
· Respond to regular and/or ad hoc requests from FAS project management for Knack database back-end programming. The consultant will make strategic, data quality-informed improvements to the database or troubleshoot fixes to the database. For each task, all requests from FAS management will clearly state specific deliverable, anticipated effort required and expected final completion date. The consultant will be required to meet the deliverable and completion date in each case.
· Particpate in face-to-face meetings or remote calls with FAS team in Upper Egypt and Washington DC, as requested by FAS management
Resources for Assignment
For this assignment, the consultant will need to provide the following;
· Working computer with access to reliable, stable internet and working licensed version of Excel
Timing, Location and Level of Effort
This assignment is expected to be carried out through June 2020.
- At least four (4) years experience in data management, including database design and data cleaning, as well as integration of different data management formats
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience managing data
- High level of proficiency in statistical analysis and data management.
- English proficiency and excellent written communications skills; Arabic proficiency preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.