Team: Programs | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Pakistan
STTA: Organizational Development Specialist
Project Name: CNFA-PATTA/ Project Number AID-391-C-17-00004
Consultancy Assignment: Provide technical support in Organizational Development through Integrated Management System
Consultant Title: Organizational Development Specialist
Reports to: Director, Agricultural Technology
Place of Performance: Lahore, Pakistan with travel to project designated areas
LOE: 25 working days (inclusive of 4 days of training)
Est. Period of Performance: August 2019 through October 2019
The purpose of the Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA) project is to identify, support and bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan, through a four-year activity. PATTA will partner with agricultural technologies companies to commercialize product and services that can increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers and mobilize private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA’s partnership will give smallholder farmers broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity, build resilience to climate change and reduce postharvest losses.
The agricultural technology manufacturing sector is at a very rudimentary stage with low skill profiles, low productivity, leadership competency gaps and inability to identify strategic opportunities and implement them for sustainable business operations in this digital age of rapid technological innovation.
The ability to set the strategic direction and develop core and support systems and processes / operations in all business functions (Marketing & Sales, Research & Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control & Quality Assurance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Human Resource, Information Technology) are one of the greatest, unaccounted for issues challenging the sustainability and competitiveness of business operations in a highly competitive and disruptive environment.
Keeping in view existing issues, PATTA intends to provide technical assistance to aspirant organizations to set strategic direction and improve their process / operations efficiency through the process of organizational development.
Objectives of the Technical Assistance:
The objective of this consultancy is to work with promising agricultural technology companies to develop corporate strategic vision and establish new or improve existing core and support business processes at corporate and business division/unit levels leading to sustainable, efficient operations and higher-cost effectiveness and profitability using a digital and technology framework.
- Review the existing organizational strategy and validate its relevance and if required establish Corporate Strategic Vision as the guiding document for Business Units/Enterprises
- Using the Enterprise Risk Management approach, perform the external and internal context analysis and develop Risk Management Plan
- Review the current organizational structure at corporate and business units/enterprise level for core and support functions, its scope and Job Descriptions of key designations
- Review and develop systems (Quality Management, Health & Safety and Environmental Management)
- Map processes with Key Performance Indicators and recommend organizational structure, core and support functions, systems and processes based on alignment with Strategic Vision
- Develop Performance Dashboards for Corporate and Business Units/Enterprises core functions and Balance Scorecard.
- Based on the competency and skill gap analysis, develop Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA) development plan
- Develop Organizational Development Implementation Plan
- Corporate and Business Unit Level Strategy and Strategic Road Map
- New / Revised Organizational Structure and Job Descriptions
- Risk Management Plan
- Business Unit Manuals comprised of Scope of Operations, Systems and Process and Performance Dashboards
- Balance Scorecard for Corporate and Business Units
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA) development plan
- Implementation Plan
- A master’s degree in Management Studies, Organizational Development or a related field, with:
- At least 7 years demonstrated experience and expertise in conducting and facilitating organizational restructuring, including feasibility studies and sustainability modelling
- Ability to conduct strategy reviews, develop job descriptions and organizational structures to align to the strategy of the organization
- Knowledge of Systems Thinking, Systems Engineering and Value Stream Process Mapping
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Knowledge and experience in using participatory approaches and innovative techniques, with organizational leadership.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and problem solving
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
Interested candidates should submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21, 2019. Kindly clearly mention position title ” Organizational Development Specialist “ in email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply