Team: Programs | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Egypt
STTA: Technical Writer
CNFA seeks a technical writer with immediate availability for a technical writing opportunity in Egypt focused on post-harvest processing and improved market linkages. Estimated LOE is 10 days. Location of work is Cairo and Upper Egypt. In collaboration with technical experts, the consultant will be responsible for drafting and finalizing technical narratives compliant with donor regulations and based on the strategic vision of technical experts. The expected period of performance is in November/December 2019.
- Conduct background review to learn the context and USAID priorities in the target technical area
- Support the development of the strategic approach, including appropriate activities leading to objectives and ultimate results with technical leads.
- Lead and write the technical proposal including the executive summary, main technical body, components, and M&E sections.
- Review other sections of the proposal as needed to ensure coherence with the technical proposal, namely staffing, management, and past performance.
- Advanced degree in international development or related field
- 3+ years’ experience managing and/or writing technical proposals, with proven track record of writing successful proposals for USAID, preferably in the MENA and Egypt
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to collaborate with technical experts to synthesize large and complex technical information into persuasive and technical narrative that clearly communicates the overall goals of the project
- Ability to travel to and within Egypt
- Delivery of technical drafts according to the agreed concept note/proposal calendar.
- Participation in draft reviews in person or by phone.
- Incorporation of inputs and feedback from draft reviewers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. This is an immediate opening and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis