Team: New Business | Commitment: Career | Location: Malawi
Team Leader – Malawi
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Team Leader for the Foundation for a Smoke Free World-funded Center for Agricultural Transformation in Malawi. This five-year activity will promote smallholder farmers’ transition away from tobacco production by systematically creating, piloting, and scaling appropriate science, technology, and business models that will transform smallholders’ lives and Malawi’s agriculture sector.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall management, including the technical, financial, and administrative functions of the activity. The Team Leader will identify issues and risks related to the program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he acts as the key liaison between the donor and all other counterparts, local implementing partners, and government officials involved with the program. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in medium and small enterprise developing, particularly in the agricultural sector, and engaging with various stakeholders including the private sector.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects is required, experience serving as a Chief of Party or Team Leader preferred;
- Experience managing donor-funded development projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries is required;
- Experience promoting and commercializing modern agriculture technologies and agribusiness innovations preferred;
- Proven and demonstrable leadership skills are required;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and manage staff;
- Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and private-sector partners is required;
- Experience in Malawi or Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred;
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements is required;
- Master’s degree in economic development, business administration, agribusiness, agriculture, or a related field preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other local language(s), is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.