Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Egypt
Team Leader, Marketing- Egypt Food Security and Agribusiness (FAS) Project
The Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) program is a five year, $23 million USAID funded program implemented by CNFA in Egypt. The goal of FAS is to increase agriculture-related incomes of smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt. The program will achieve this goal by implementing a market-driven approach that facilitates sustainable, pro-poor value chain development and helps smallholders increase access to domestic and export markets. The market-driven approach will be supported by four interrelated components: 1) improved on-farm production, 2) more efficient post-harvest processes, 3) improved marketing of agriculture crops and products, and 4) improved nutritional status, especially for women and children.
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified Team Leader, Marketing candidates for the USAID-funded Food Security and Agribusiness Support (FAS) project. This project works with smallholder farmers Upper Egypt, with offices in Luxor, Aswan, and Menia.
The Team Leader, Marketing will be responsible for and manage the marketing component (Component 3) of the FAS project. Marketing interventions will aim to fill critical gaps that impede access to EU export markets for smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt. Fresh-packed horticulture will be exported through existing exporter-importer business relationships as well as new relationships formed through trade show participation. Striving for EU quality (i.e., GlobalGAP) will help ensure that FAS-supported production can also access high-value domestic markets, including hypermarkets, hotels, and restaurants.
The Team Leader will report directly to the Chief of Party and will be based in Upper Egypt (Luxor, Aswan, or Menia).
Specific duties include:
- Oversee all areas of implementation and management of staff for Component 3 of the FAS project;
- Provide technical leadership in developing and implementing the FAS project strategy for improving market access for smallholder farmers in Upper Egypt and meeting program objectives;
- Contribute to the development of the FAS workplan and manage the implementation of the approved annual workplan;
- Manage FAS trade show participation;
- Manage FAS project-assisted forward contracting activities with farmer groups and private sector players.
- Ensure that FAS is incorporating ICT solutions for marketing;
- Manage private sector outreach activities to identify interested buyers and connect them with FAS beneficiary farmers;
- Supervise and manage staff including the Technical Advisor – Agribusiness, Technical Advisor – End Markets, and Technical Advisor – Cooperative/Association Development;
- Contribute to project reporting by providing inputs on Component 3 activities; support the Chief of Party with timely and accurate reporting to USAID as required;
- Assist in the technical review and analysis of all FAS studies and reports as required;
- Provide technical support to grants program as needed and assigned by supervisor and/or Chief of Party;
- Other duties as assigned.
- An advanced degree in agriculture, agribusiness or a related field required;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in agriculture;
- Experience in designing and supervising agriculture marketing activities;
- Experience working with export/end markets; familiarity with key market players, including private sector leaders, within the Egyptian high-value horticulture sector.
- Egyptian nationals preferred; international candidates with previous experience in Egypt considered;
- Strong communication, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent team management skills; and
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English required