Team: CNFA Europe | Commitment: Career | Location: Uganda
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: to contribute to a competitive, profitable, job-intensive, gender-responsive and environmentally-sustainable agricultural sector in Uganda, in order to alleviate poverty and improve food and nutrition security.
The specific objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: to use a holistic value chain approach in the targeted geographical areas, to leverage an increase in the overall performance (in terms of production volume, quality, value addition, increased employment and environmental sustainability) of the Ugandan meat value-chain.
The Technical Advisor/Production will work closely with the CTA and National project Coordinator as their counterpart at the PMU, Livestock Management & Research Institutions, Local Authorities, Private Sector, livestock keeping communities & associations, the TA team members, and other relevant stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the project. (S)he will ensure effective planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the programme activities and provide overall technical guidance, capacity building, quality controls and information to the PMU staff, implementing partners, and local governments. In addition, the TA will ensure the relevance, quality and sustainability of all capacity building actions, and support to project field operations.
Qualification and skills
- A University degree in agriculture/veterinary sciences/livestock management or a relevant, directly related technical field, or equivalent
- Good team management, interpersonal, facilitation and networking skills
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English and proven ability to draft high quality reports and communication notes
- Fully computer literate.
General professional experience
- The TA is expected to have at least 10 years’ experience in project implementation, of which at least 5 in a senior management position, leading teams of at least 10 persons.
Specific professional experience
- Exposed to EDF procedures or similar procedures of other development agencies
- Proven project implementation, monitoring and reporting skills.
- Worked in or with private sector, local governments, communities and NGOs, and is conversant with their workings and challenges.
- The TA has experience in production issues concerning commercial beef/meat or livestock systems.
Application deadline is 04/30/2017