Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Travel Management & Administrative Coordinator
CNFA is recruiting a Travel Management & Administrative Coordinator to support our operations worldwide. The incumbent will work to assist with the deployment of volunteers globally as well as coordinating and tracking traveler movements.
The Travel Management & Administrative Coordinator is an entry level position that will provide administrative backstopping support from CNFA Headquarters (HQ) in Washington, D.C. under the supervision of the Farmer-to-Farmer Program Officer and the Senior Director of Global Security. The Travel Management & Administrative Coordinator will work on a dynamic team to support CNFA’s Farmer-to-Farmer program in Southern Africa and Eastern Europe as well as safety and security efforts globally.
- Prepare all travel logistics for volunteer assignments, including making flight and hotel reservations, facilitating procurement of visas for travelers; preparing travel advances, sending and receiving required paperwork, and giving advice on requirements for travel;
- Support post-assignment arrangements, including reviewing and finalizing travel reimbursements, receiving assignment deliverables, and ensuring completion of assignment files;
- Prepare staff travel and support travel reimbursements;
- Ensure completeness of files for assignments and procurements;
- Support organization of meetings and events by the program;
- Actively track all employees traveling through CNFA’s Tracking Systems (WorldAware Employee Locator) and conduct communication checks with travelers;
- Update traveler Information (phone numbers, email addresses, etc. on WorldAware Platform);
- Be a central coordinator for Visa support and be a SME on all visa issues, support staff and consultants with understanding the process of applying for and procuring visas. Direct interface with visa support services;
- Monitor WorldAware Incident and Alert platform and other networks, news sources, and social media platforms to maintain situational awareness of CNFA’s areas of interest. Be prepared to actively alert CNFA staff of incidents or situations that may affect CNFA staff and resources;
- Assist in setting up and maintaining a SharePoint page with safety and security related materials and policies; and
- Provide administrative backstop for Director, Global Security as needed.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in office administration, preferably in an international organization and with security related tasks and travel risk management procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior experience in arranging travel logistics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. Position is not eligible for U.S. work sponsorship.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.