Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Washington DC
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
CNFA is seeking a Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator is an entry level position that will support the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program. The F2F Program combines volunteer consultancies with highly skilled local staff to deliver technical assistance and business development services to farmer organizations, and agricultural small and medium enterprises. Our volunteer consultants are U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. residents and comprise of farmers, agribusiness professionals, cooperatives managers, bankers, agricultural educators, and others with expertise in agriculture. Over the five-year program, approximately 400 volunteer assignments will be conducted.
The primary goal of the F2F program is to generate rapid, sustainable, broad-based economic growth in the agricultural sector; the secondary goals is to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and programs as well as international understanding of the U.S. and U.S. development programs.
The F2F Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator will manage the F2F volunteer recruitment process under the supervision of the F2F Program Officer. The F2F Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator will locate talented agricultural professionals for volunteer assignments in Southern Africa and Eastern Europe.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with country and headquarters teams to develop recruitment strategy and needs for upcoming assignments.
- Post or assist in posting ads for volunteer assignments and review submitted CVs and CVs on file, and contact potential candidates for further information.
- Shortlist highest quality candidates, share CVs with country teams and program management unit, and finalize recruitment process.
- Develop strategy to increase pool of potential F2F volunteers, with emphasis on recruiting new volunteers, through social media outlets, other media, and events with input from the country and headquarters teams.
- Develop a roster of organizations with potential F2F volunteers and a roster of potential F2F volunteers.
- Continually tailor F2F recruitment strategy to current and future needs and support the further development of the F2F software to best serve recruitment needs.
- Collect information on recruitment for the purposes of monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Support other CNFA recruitment efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in international studies, agricultural development, economics, social sciences, or similar field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting recruitment efforts or personnel administrative role.
- Experience in international development recruitment for projects or for proposals.
- Understanding of agricultural development, is preferred.
- Knowledge of key agricultural institutions and organizations, is preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multicultural environment and be adaptable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.