Invitation to Potential Exhibitors at Caspian Agro 2020
About the event:
Dates: May 19-21, 2020
Venue: Baku Expo Center, Baku, Azerbaijan
- Caspian Agro: This major regional forum for the producers of agricultural products and foodstuffs is one of the most popular and well publicized exhibitions in the region and is designed to promote sustainable agriculture, the implementation of advanced technologies in Azerbaijani agriculture and agribusiness, and the exchange of best practices, as well as to strengthen mutually beneficial business ties between local and foreign farmers and firms.
- Eligibility for exhibiting: Any U.S. agribusinesses that are interested in entering/strengthening their presence in the Azerbaijan/CIS market.
- Cost-share: USAID and the U.S. Embassy will cover exhibition space rental costs at the USAID/U.S. Embassy pavilion. This will comprise a major share of exhibiting expenses. USAID also will cover a portion of the basic stand construction and design/decoration costs. Specifically, applicants for exhibiting should be willing to contribute $500 apiece, which will be used to defray the costs of planned networking events, such as receptions or business forums that will provide opportunities to meet and interact with public and private agricultural stakeholders on the final day of the exhibition.
- Networking: Last year, the Caspian Agro/World Food Azerbaijan exhibition hosted over 240 companies from 27 countries, with more than 8000 visitors in attendance. USAID will provide technical assistance to exhibiting U.S. agribusiness product and service suppliers to help them organize and plan their stand and side meetings during the exhibition, as well as follow up with new trade leads in Azerbaijan afterwards through the USAID Private Sector Activity (PSA) project (see attached for more info on PSA).
- History: In 2019, USAID and the U.S. Embassy supported 5 American agribusinesses to exhibit at Caspian Agro: 1. Brandt, 2. Grow More, 3. Soil Biotics, 4. Trécé, and 5. WCC International, which represented several other U.S. companies through its booth at the show. Upon request, USAID can refer potential exhibitors to these companies to ask them about their experiences and results from participating last year.