Farmer-to-Farmer is a USAID-funded initiative, which sends American agricultural/agribusiness experts to developing countries to offer technical assistance to our host organizations. These trips are volunteer-based, but all trip-related expenses are covered by CNFA, and typically last between two and three weeks.
Associação Agropecuária Kumanga Ubale is a formally registered, 18-member farmer association located 15km from Nhamatanda Village. The association focuses on production and marketing of legumes, cereals, vegetables, and oilseeds on 64 hectares. The association struggles accessing formal markets, which will allow them to sell their produce at the market rate., and are seeking help from an F2F volunteer in order to help them improve their marketing and pricing strategies. As well, they hope that the volunteer’s input will help them to make smart investments that will allow for scaling up of production levels.
• Improved monitoring of activities through an established record keeping method
• Increase income through an established marketing plan that allows for access to better markets and sales at better prices
• Willingness to work for a week or more in rural Mozambique.
• Expert in developing marketing plans and strategies for smallholder farmers.
• Knowledge of data collection, management, and analysis.
• Must be citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.