Website Content and Layout Developer
Farmer-to-Farmer is a USAID-funded initiative to send American agricultural/agribusiness experts to developing countries to offer technical assistance to our host organizations. These trips are volunteer-based, but all trip-related expenses are covered by CNFA, and typically last between two and three weeks.
CNFA is implementing the USAID funded three-year Feed the Future Ethiopia Farm Service Center Project and currently is seeking a volunteer to develop webpage content and layout for EGAA Agricultural Input Suppliers PLC.
- Define EGAA’s business scope to be clearly and sufficiently depicted on EGAA’s website;
- Conceptualize, design and produce intuitive, user-friendly, aesthetically excellent, thematically appropriate and technically efficient webpage content and layout that adheres to solid web practices and standards;
- Provides training and technical assistance to EGAA staff on how to efficiently manage and keep material up-to-date on the website.
- College degree and/or equivalent experience in Graphic Design and Web development;
- Experience in desktop publishing concepts and standards; word processing techniques and standards;
- Background or skills in publishing, editorial operations or desktop publishing and experience in editorial content creation or multipurpose;
- Proficiency in supporting software such as QuarkXpress, InDesign (preferred), Photoshop, Adobe etc.;
- Individual must have demonstrated skills and verified experience in web application programming, webmaster duties in a Windows and Linux environment, Adobe graphical tools, graphic manipulation and creation, and strong knowledge of web authoring tools;
- Database expertise in one or more of the following databases: SQL Server or MySQL.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Website Content and Layout Developer” in the subject line. The application deadline is June 3, 2016.