Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- CNFA reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, and logos regarding or relating to CNFA are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will CNFA be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- CNFA does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from CNFA. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by CNFA to use any item displayed.Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos may have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not CNFA). In this case, all rights are reserved on these documents, and permission to copy them must be requested from CNFA, who will in turn ask permission from the copyright owners.
- CNFA takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we may link to are owned and operated by third parties, and CNFA has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that CNFA approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products, or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States justice system.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
CNFA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization duly registered in the United States and regulated by the Internal Revenue Code, enacted by Congress in Title 26 of the United States Code (26 U.S.C.).
Introduction and General Terms
CNFA is a non-profit organization duly registered in the United States and regulated by the Internal Revenue Code, enacted by Congress in Title 26 of the United States Code (26 U.S.C.).
- what information CNFA may collect about you;
- how CNFA may use information we collect about you;
- when CNFA may use your details to contact you;
- whether CNFA will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
CNFA is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
Who we are
CNFA is a non-profit association duly registered in the United States and regulated by the Internal Revenue Code, enacted by Congress in Title 26 of the United States Code (26 U.S.C.). Our mission is to stimulate economic growth and improve livelihoods by cultivating entrepreneurship. In support of this mission, CNFA’s primary activities are implementing international development programs specializing in agricultural development, researching and advising on agricultural development strategies and initiatives around the world, designing development projects/programs that respond to the needs of local populations, and cultivating relationships with other international, national, and private organizations and firms interested in agricultural development throughout the world.
CNFA is distinct from CFNA Europe, which is separately registered and incorporated in Brussels, Belgium, but shares a similar mission and set of activities and is affiliated with CNFA.
What information will CNFA collect about me?
CNFA only collects personal information if visitors specifically and voluntarily choose to sign up for updates or are interested in volunteering with CNFA, and provide their personal details on the website. In this case, users may receive periodic email (or regular mail) updates relevant to the work of CNFA or communication regarding volunteer opportunities. This personal information can consist of details such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone or mobile number.
Information voluntarily provided by users will not, under any circumstances, be shared with anyone for marketing purposes and users will not receive offers from other companies or organizations as a result of providing personal details to us.
We may need to share limited information with our service providers who help us to prepare and send our communications to the users who choose to receive updates. However, we will not allow these organizations to use personal data for their own purposes and will take care to ensure that they keep users’ data secure.
By submitting your details, you enable CNFA (and where applicable any service providers we may use) to contact you with information related to the goods, services, information, activities, or online content you select.
If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, CNFA may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet), as part of its analytics to determine which countries/regions of the world has the most users visiting the website at any given time, or assess the success of a particular campaign or social content piece.
How will CNFA use the information you collect about me?
CNFA will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board, or any other means;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that CNFA may contact you for reasons related to activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about CNFA or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us (see below);
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyze and improve the activities and content offered by the CNFA website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
CNFA will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including though online or paper forms.
Please see section 9 below for information on how to change your communication preferences, including opting out of future marketing communications.
Will CNFA share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within CNFA for the purposes for which it was obtained. CNFA will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organizations as a result of giving your details to us.
We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
Offensive or inappropriate content placed on the CNFA website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate, or objectionable content to or anywhere on the CNFA website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on any CNFA service, we may use your personal information to stop such behavior.
Where CNFA reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of the United States (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties to prevent or discourage such behavior.
How long will CNFA keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. For example, we will keep a record of volunteers or users who sign up for updates or consent to receive marketing information from CNFA indefinitely unless the user in question contacts CNFA to opt out, which they may do at any time.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials, we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted, unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
What is CNFA’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
- email us at email@example.com
You may also opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from CNFA.
Cookies Policy – information CNFA collects from your computer or mobile device
What is a cookie?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
Information supplied in cookies also allows us to measure the effectiveness of content on our website and social media channels.