Team: Programs | Commitment: Career | Location: Azerbaijan
Deputy Chief of Party – Business Development Manager
The USAID-funded Private Sector Activity (PSA) is a five-year project that will utilize a partnership and co-investment approach to support a more resilient economy and improved business enabling environment in Azerbaijan. PSA aims to improve the competitiveness of the private sector with a special focus on agriculture and will reduce administrative barriers that hinder the development of micro, small, and medium enterprises in Azerbaijan. Specifically, the objectives of PSA are to: 1) Develop a more diversified non-oil economy through initiatives that assist SMEs and farmers, 2) Improve the business environment for micro, small, and medium-sized businesses, and 3) Support Azerbaijan’s economic reforms.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Business Development Manager will lead agribusiness development activities under Objective 1 and supervise the Business Development Unit. The DCOP/Business Development Manager will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Lead development and oversee implementation of PSA activities under Objective 1: Business Development;
- Provide leadership in setting strategic direction for PSA in selection of high potential value chains (VC) and development of action plans for these VCs;
- Provide technical guidance to, and capacity building of, program staff and implementing partners, with an emphasis on agricultural production and processing, ensuring that the program’s technical approach, methodologies and activities are technically sound, feasible and contribute to the success of the program;
- Assume responsibility for facilitating the establishment and expansion of U.S. market linkages, and identifying and securing U.S. investments in Azerbaijan;
- Collaborate with agribusinesses, associations, and MSMEs to help them improve management practices and increase sales, including exports;
- Support COP in reporting and in workplan design;
- Serve as acting Chief of Party in the absence of the COP.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible management experience in the successful implementation of international economic development activities, including USAID projects;
- Demonstrated professional success in managing development assistance projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries;
- Working experience in agricultural production or processing, preferably related to horticulture;
- Working experience in agriculture development projects;
- Working experience in projects utilizing a partnership and co-investment approach is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is required, experience with other large donor programs is desirable;
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, preferably in agronomy or another field directly related to agricultural production or processing;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required; Azerbaijani or Turkish and/or Russian language is preferred;
- Experience in Azerbaijan or in the region is strongly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.