Agrodealer Strengthening Program
The Agrodealer Strengthening Program, funded by the government of Sierra Leone through the Global Agricultural Food and Security Program, aimed to promote the transformation of the Sierra Leone’s fragmented and informal input distribution system into a more efficient, commercially-viable input supply infrastructure operated by the private sector. As part of an implementing consortium with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), CNFA developed an agrodealer network to provide a one-stop-shop for smallholder farmers to access improved inputs, services and output marketing. The program was implemented in the District of Bombali, and enhanced agricultural productivity, increased rural incomes and improved household food security.
- Develop a private network of agrodealers by establishing one-stop-shops;
- Provide business management and technical training to agrodealers;
- Build and strengthen private sector associations that supply agricultural inputs;
- Improve access to finance through a credit guarantee facility and matching grants program;
- Foster a commercialization enabling environment by advocating for agrodealer involvement in national agricultural sector strategies and implementations.