Pond Aquaculture on Sugarcane Farm
Farmer to Farmer Description
Farmer-to-Farmer is a USAID-funded initiative to send American agricultural/agribusiness experts to developing countries to offer technical assistance to our host organizations. These trips are volunteer-based, but with all expenses covered by CNFA, and typically last between two and three weeks.
Chilomoni Integrated Fish Farming, located in Blanytre, is an aquaculture production facility which also grows vegetables and sugarcane. The farmers are prioritizing their aquaculture business, and are seeking a F2F volunteer to provide technical assistance with their business model and help improve capacity to increase production and supply.
Improve productivity, increase technical knowledge, and increase the capacity for growth.
- Experience and extensive knowledge in aquaculture
- Experience in adult education
- Willingness to work for a week or more in a rural Malawian town
- Previous experience working with rural communities, experience working in Africa preferred but not required
- Must be citizen or permanent resident of the U.S
How to Apply
Please email your CV to F2Finfo@cnfa.org with ‘Pond Aquaculture on Sugarcane Farm’ as the subject.