Team: New Business Development | Commitment: Consulting | Location: Washington D.C. or Remote
Lead Writer – USDA Food for Progress
CNFA manages an active portfolio of more than $300 million in agriculture development programs in 21 countries. Throughout our 35-year history, CNFA has led and implemented programs that have supported private-sector-led initiatives and increased employment; strengthened value chains, agribusinesses, agriculture support organizations, and markets; increased access to affordable financial services; and increased smallholder incomes, uptake of improved technologies, and access to nutritious foods. We are an industry leader in establishing commercially viable, locally owned and operated input supply enterprises and Farm Service Centers (FSCs) that positively impact smallholder farmers, and we have improved the operations and profitability of over 13,000 agribusinesses.
CNFA is seeking the services of a lead writer for a short- to medium-term assignment to support the development of a proposal for the FY 2020 United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr) funding opportunity. The selected consultant will work closely with CNFA staff and will be responsible for conducting research and for drafting, editing, and reviewing proposal technical sections from pre-solicitation through submission. CNFA anticipates the position to start immediately and continue through the end of May 2020. The selected consultant will be required to travel to a targeted country on a mutually agreed timeline for this opportunity.
Tasks & Deliverables:
- Conduct background review to learn the context and donor priorities in the target technical area.
- Support the proposal team with the development of the strategic approach, including results framework, preliminary objectives, guiding principles, and preliminary activities.
- Responsible for writing the technical application including the introduction summary, strategic analysis, and plan of operation.
- Support the team in writing other sections of the application, as required.
- Conduct the capture trip as agreed with the team.
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural value chains, market systems, trade, and/or exports required, some of which must include include horticulture, livestock, animal health, aquaculture, SME development, mechanization and input supply, and/or international food safety standards, regulations and policy harmonization.
- 8+ years of proposal writing and/or project management experience in the international development field required; USDA experience strongly preferred.
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of USDA regulations, especially for compliance on the proposal writing required.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of the USDA M&E structure and indicators strongly preferred.
- Experience in devising an approach for graphic designs strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with CNFA’s technical and geographic program areas preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.