CNFA is currently seeking an entry-level Accounts Payable Clerk (AP Clerk) to join our dynamic Finance Team. The AP Clerk will be responsible for a number of financial support functions including accurate processing of accounts payable transactions and timely payment of staff expense reports and vendor invoices. The incumbent will manage large quantities of documents and will have the responsibility for maintenance of filing systems, accuracy in data entry, effective communications with other staff, and a to maintain and archive the accounts payable files.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable transactions;
- Maintain the vendor database;
- Review and collate supporting documentation for accounts payable prior to processing;
- Maintain all accounts payable files and archives;
- Prepare manual checks as needed;
- Responsible for weekly check run;
- Investigate and report on past-due vendor notices or inquiries;
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable history and resolves outstanding liabilities;
- Provide clerical support to Finance staff with a focus on filing, data entry, mailing, photocopying, labeling, etc.; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience;
- 0 to 1 year accounts payable experience a plus;
- Must have ability to perform routine data entry and posting tasks accurately and efficiently;
- Familiarity with computer spreadsheets required; MS Excel experience highly desirable;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, judgment and ability to prioritize and follow through with assigned tasks;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to resolve accounts payable problems courteously and professionally;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints; and
- Current US Work authorization required.
We are seeking to fill this position immediately and will be interviewing qualified candidates on a rolling basis.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on your current permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. CNFA does not sponsor work visas.