About CNFA Capital:
CNFA Capital, a newly incorporated agribusiness investment fund, is launching CNFA Capital Fund I to stimulate agricultural sector growth in developing markets and capitalize on new investment opportunities through a strategy that builds integrated farming systems through investments in Production & Processing Agribusinesses, Ag Services and AgTech enterprises. Investing at seed and growth stages, the fund will make equity and growth-oriented investments in agricultural enterprises in select markets across Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Eastern Europe. By supporting productivity-enhancing agricultural services and enabling adaptation of AgTech solutions to the developing market context, CNFA Capital aims to stimulate inclusive economic development while providing a commercial return to its investors.
- Actively manage portfolio of investments within CNFA Capital Fund I.
- Participate and/or lead in the due diligence process of new investment opportunitiesincluding linking cluster-based investments in Agribusiness, Ag Services and Ag Tech sub-sectors;
- Negotiate, structure and complete fund documentation, as required;
- Identify areas of value addition in portfolio companies’ corporate governance, operational efficiencies and product development;
- Support fund raising activities for the fund, as required;
- Represent the Fund on portfolio boards, as required;
- Serve on Investment Committee;
- Attend annual investor meetings, as required;
- Ensure compliance with fund investment strategy, environmental and social safeguard requirements, and recommend corrective actions as necessary;
- Actively monitor fund financial performance and actions, including exit opportunities for investments.
- Master of Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience and track record with a private equity fund, institutional investor, sovereign wealth fund, or similar entity, with a focus on equity and quasi-equity investments preferred;
- Strong practical experience in structuring, negotiating and monitoring fund investments, preferably in a direct investment context;
- Experience investing in Agribusinesses, Ag Services and/or Ag Tech enterprises;
- Experience investing in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and/or Eastern Europe;
- Strong understanding of and experience in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis;
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic;
- Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate (including being resourceful in identifying potential investment opportunities) and bring deals to completion;
- Sound business judgment, problem solving, commercial instincts, and energetic team-oriented attitude.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter accompanying their application.