Level of Effort: Up to 50% initially, with potential for full-time employment in the future, dependent on organizational growth
- Provide expertise on EU and other European Donor (preferably GIZ, KfW, NL Agency, DFID, and EIB experience) financial reporting and compliance rules and regulations to field and HQ staff and teams:
- Work seamlessly and in coordination with CNFA’s US-based Operations & Compliance Team to build CNFA Europe’s finance, compliance and administration systems to be financially sound and competitive amongst peer organisations.
- Working with program management teams, ensure that project and financial reporting is timely and compliant with CNFA Europe’s various European donor rules and regulations.
- Initiate the process of developing CNFA Europe’s logistics and procurement systems that ensure compliance with respective EU donors and private sector partners;
- Ensure the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections and submission of monthly financial reports to CNFA HQ;
- Ensure organized and complete accounting file documentation is maintained by the field office and Headquarters and develop procedures for the systematic transfer of all original documentation to Headquarters;
- Act as point on HR Systems development, primarily developing and operationalizing a CNFA Europe Expert Database and Recruitment Process, in addition to developing our contract terms and conditions for experts on the various EU Contracts we are bidding on.
- Project portal: manage the project portal relating to financial issues, including uploading financial reporting and deliverable reports;
- Provide the field finance teams with information and guidance on program financial performance;
- Regularly prepare and present financial reports, analysis, and recommendations concerning relevant financial issues;
- Review partner spending in relation to budgets, and develop monthly budget pipelines for CNFA and partner expenditures;
- Ensuring contract compliance with EU donors and CNFA policies and procedures by reviewing and approving subcontracts, grants, consultant agreements, and procurement documents for final approval and signature;
- Facilitate timely, accurate month-end closing, cash requests and cash reconciliations;
- Researching EU/GIZ regulatory issues and staying up-to-date on revisions to relevant regulations;
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance or related field. Master’s Degree preferred. May substitute work experience to meet education requirement.
- Minimum 5 years of project level accounting or finance experience with EU funded and other donor funded projects, preferably including GIZ, KfW, EIB and others.
- Experience with European donors in the areas of finance and compliance;
- Understanding of EU reporting rules and regulations;
- A high degree of integrity, accountability, energy and flexibility;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong conceptual, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to initiate and organize work while establishing priorities in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment to meet deadlines with attention to detail;
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results;
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities;
- Ability to work in an environment with international objectives;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.