The Senior Communications Officer (SCO) will be an integral part of the Communications Team and will work closely with headquarters and field-based teams to develop and manage corporate communications, public relations, and field communications activities, including our digital media footprint and social media presence. Therefore, frequent travel, primarily in Africa, is critical to the success of this position. The SCO will work closely with members of the team to help shape CNFA’s digital communications strategy, grow our digital audiences, manage our website, and curate the overall aesthetic of the global CNFA brand(s) online and in marketing collateral. The SCO will work closely with the communications team to ensure that all corporate communications activities are integrated to support CNFA’s global initiatives and programs.
- Manage the website(s) for CNFA, CNFA Europe and affiliate entities, create content, and utilize other digital mediums and social tools to promote CNFA and its global impact;
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and maintain a digital communications strategy that aligns with the overall communications strategy;
- Provide field support including travel to assigned projects including regular monthly updates with the field communications team, build and maintain a spirt of close collaboration between CNFA DC Home Office and field communications teams, as well as provide additional communications support needed by the programs in-country;
- Responsible for developing content for regularly updated social medical channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others of strategic value, and support the delivery of innovative social media campaigns, within budget, to achieve defined objectives;
- Support media relations efforts to enhance CNFA’s brand and mission, which includes writing press releases, media pitches, articles, op-eds, and parallel messaging on social channels;
- As needed, provide support to work and develop materials, graphics, branded proposals, presentations and leverage events and other opportunities to maximize impact with current and potential partners;
- Responsible for compiling content and editing monthly newsletter including layout and final product;
- Lead the design of all organizational materials developed for annual meetings including annual reports, brochures, and newsletters;
- Responsible for developing CNFA collateral items including branded letterheads, proposal cover pages, PowerPoint presentations, etc.;
- Support the implementation of measures, in accordance with the overall communications strategy, to improve internal communications, including ways to facilitate the cross-cutting flow of information, ideas, and data amongst all staff globally;
- Event support – assist corporate communications and program communications in developing and organizing CNFA-sponsored public events, as well as Board of Director meetings, speaking engagements and the like; and
- Perform a variety of other related duties as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or a relevant field required; a Master’s Degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field;
- Strong experience of building and engaging online audience through social media and writing for the web;
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use online tools to communicate with and motivate target groups to take actions, including email, social media and online video for comparable programs and/or organizations;
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, aware of latest digital trends and strong practical knowledge of using digital tools (social media, blogs) for productivity, collaboration and engagement;
- Excellent editorial skills, the ability to write and edit engagingly using the appropriate tone of voice aimed at a variety of audiences;
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design and working knowledge of video production;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex information in a clear, concise manner;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team or collaborative environment;
- Proven experience in managing and delivering in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing priorities;
- Prior media relations experience desired;
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Domestic and international travel is required up to 25%.
Please be advised that employment is contingent on permanent and legal entitlement to work in the U.S. Position is not eligible for U.S. work sponsorship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.