Team: Interns | Commitment: Intern | Location: Washington DC
Farmer-to-Farmer Program Internship
Summer Term: June 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017.
Internships are full-time (40hrs/week) paid at $11.50 per hour with 3 paid vacation days. Interns are ineligible for any other benefits.
Under the supervision of CNFA’s Executive Assistant, the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program intern assists in implementing and monitoring the F2F programs in Southern Africa, East Africa, Europe, and the Caucasus and Central Asia, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Shared internship responsibilities:
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development;
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed; and
- Support the Executive Assistant in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters.
- Attend and participate in CNFA staff meetings related to F2F implementation, program strategy and new project opportunities;
- Review and edit program documents as necessary, including drafting program reports to USAID and reviewing, editing and providing guidance to field offices on program documents;
- Assist in recruiting, briefing, and debriefing of high-quality volunteers to fill F2F yearly quotas;
- Arrange logistics for volunteers undertaking training assignments abroad (e.g. travel arrangements, visits to embassies for visa processing, etc.);
- Provide research support for proposal development; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask;
- Administrative background and interest in program management;
- Strong research skills and experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis; and
- Advanced language skills may also be beneficial.
- Current US work authorization required, as CNFA does not sponsor work visas;
- A college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Demonstrated interest in international development; and
- Prior office experience is desired, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
All internship applicants should submit their CV, Cover Letter and 3 Professional References.
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered without the submission of all documents: cover letter, resume and professional references.